What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How Far Is Your RV commute?

How Far Do You Commute To Your RV?

• Total voters

turbo

Well Known Member
we may need a prize for the farthest commute. do you walk, drive or fly? how far? Rvs only.

by the way, if you want to see who voted for what, click on any of the underlined numbers on the right side of the poll.

Last edited:
we may need a prize for the farthest commute. do you walk, drive or fly? how far? Rvs only.

Thirty five feet. Out and back in. Am I the winner? :D

Now.jpg

Shortest Distance? Two flying RV's (and one project) about 30 feet out the back door in the hangar....

Jay Pratt has us beat - he lives IN his hangar!

Vlad,

that is very funny, but i ment so you can FLYYYYY IT!!!!!! like this summer. hurry up! get working. :)

i would like to see a pic of that. i heard of this guy. must of lived on a boat in another life. LOL :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i would like to see a pic of that. i heard of this guy. must of lived on a boat in another life. LOL :)[/QUOTE]

Actually I think he has lived on a boat in THIS life.

Paul & Louise have us beat. We have to walk 55' out the back door. It's Ann's fault. She wanted the hangar that far from the house.

I have to admit mine too is nearly 85' from the house to the hangar. But I have to drive 60 miles to work! ?!

I may not have the farthest but 52-miles one way is not that bad of a drive on the weekend when there is NO LA Basin traffic. 52-miles in 50-minutes when there is no traffic.

Depends on where I start from ...

If I'm in the kitchen, the plane is 8 feet on the other side of the door. It could be closer but wouldn't want anyone to hit the HS opening the door.

Last edited:
7.07 miles according to MapQuest

But I live directly under the upwind of the main-use runway. I get to see all kinds of traffic overhead. Really slowed down my build when I had to keep running out of the shop to see who was flying over!:D

But I live directly under the upwind of the main-use runway. I had to keep running out of the shop to see who was flying over!:D

I can relate ! (about 3 miles out and just off centerline of our local public field). I ran outside three times thus afternoon when I hear a round engine overhead. Navy helicopters were near by today also. Too many distractions :)

I am officially jealous of so many of you.

17 miles each way, but my commute to work is only 35 feet.

100 miles

Opps. That's how far my RV commute is to work, not the overland commute to the hanger (only 30' from the back door). I think you actually meant "How long is your commute to your RV"?

20 or so

20 miles away for the next couple of years or so. I'm on the waiting list for the airport 7 miles away, but it is a long wait. I put my name on the list almost exactly 2 years ago and I'm still #23. The guy on the top of the list put his name in on 9/17/07.

I may not have the farthest but 52-miles one way is not that bad of a drive on the weekend when there is NO LA Basin traffic. 52-miles in 50-minutes when there is no traffic.

But Gary, what you're not telling them is when there is LA traffic its more like what, 3 hours! :eek: That alone could put you on the podium in this contest! ;)

Shortest Distance? Two flying RV's (and one project) about 30 feet out the back door in the hangar....

Man, I want to live in a hangar...maybe someday! Currently its 17 miles each way. Only good news is, its the same 17 miles to the Reno Air Races. Then again, during the races I do live in my hangar! :D

Cheers,
Bob

But Gary, what you're not telling them is when there is LA traffic its more like what, 3 hours! :eek: That alone could put you on the podium in this contest! ;)
--- snip ---
:D

Cheers,
Bob

The longest time was after work on the way to Van's Homecoming 5 or 6 years ago. It only took 2 hours and 45 minutes from my condo to the hangar. Officer involved shooting closed one of the freeways.

Our hangar is attached to the house. Our 4 year old granddaughter calls our house "grandma's house." When we asked her where grandpa lives, she said "in the hangar." Out of the mouths of babes! Clearly I spend too much time in there. :)

Vic

I live in my hanger. I have 14 stair steps from apartment to RV8 'Borrow Horse'

Last edited by a moderator:
Back