What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Harmon Rocket 2 width

rls14

Can a rocket guy tell me the widest point of the fuselage, from the firewall back. An the length, from the firewall to the tail, without the tail feathers.I would love to finish the fuselage in the basement, sans engine. I know that its been mentioned that its 4 inches wider than the 4 but I can't seem to find the width of the 4.
Also has anyone heard of any progress on the F-1 start up. Thanks Ron

The widest part of the fuselage is the middle belly skin where it underlaps the wings, but IIRC, it's a bit shallower (top to bottom) than it is wide. I don't remember the exact dimensions; I can check the drawings at home. I started my project in a 10x30 foot walk-out basement with a 36-inch standard door at one end of a long side. I had it figured that I would have had to remove the frame from the door and roll the fuselage 90 degrees to get it out while going around the corner.

Last edited:
HRII fuse dims

the firewall is widest at 34.5 it is 26 high with no turtledeck and 172.25 long
hope this helps Dan

Its widest where the bottom belly skin overhangs the sides that get attached to the bottom surface of the wing. I will get you a measurement shortly.

HR II Width

FWIW - My plans for HRF-442 Bottom Skin callout 36" across - which includes the portion that overhangs, and attaches to (w/8-32 screws) the wings. Hope this helps.

fuselage width

I can confirm the 36" width. And the length from firewall to tail without tail feathers is 178". We converted our downstairs family room into a shop where the airplane resides. The daylight basement door is a 36" door and I figure with removing the jams we can slide it out.

Back