What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine Sensor Installation Help

cfiidon

Well Known Member
I'm at the stage where I will installing engine sensors. I've read as many threads as my eyes can handle, and I think I have a handle on it. However; I'd feel better if I got some warm fuzzies from those in the know.

Reference the picture below: I'm planning to hook up my oil pressure sensor thru a manifold with a hose and fitting to the port marked with the red arrow on the oil pump. I'll use a 45 degree (to clear the engine mount) fitting and install a restricted orifice.

The oil temp sensor will go in the oil filter bypass port marked with the green arrow. Sound right? Alternative ideas?

oilpumpu.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now for the fuel pressure sensor. I was thinking of using some sort of "tee" to tap into the unmetered fuel line where it exits the fuel pump. Not a great picture, but see the photo below with the yellow arrow, which points to the brass elbow with fuel line attached. This too will go to another port on the manifold. If anyone has a hardware combo idea and source handy I'd appreciate it.

For reference, I have an ECi XIO-360 with an AE fuel system.

Don

Your oil temp location (Green arrow) is correct but I am not sure what is your red arrow for. As for the fuel pressure sensor, mine is "tee" off right after the mechanical FP with steel fitting. It is hard to see in the pix, but he brass fitting looks to be the bottom of the throttle body, is that correct?

The brass fitting is at the bottom of the mechanical fuel pump. The hose goes from the fuel pump to the throttle body/fuel metering unit which is at the front of the engine in this horizontal induction setup.

Oil pressure is taken off the starboard side of the accessory case just below the upper engine mount. The fitting needs to be installed before the engine is on the mount. This point is nowhere near the oil filter/screen adapter.

Oil pressure is taken off the starboard side of the accessory case just below the upper engine mount. The fitting needs to be installed before the engine is on the mount. This point is nowhere near the oil filter/screen adapter.
Mel, can you give some details on why it needs to be in this location? Is there also a reason not to put it near the oil filter/screen adapter?

I ask because I have my oil pressure line running from a location just below the oil filter. Will this cause problems if it is run from there?

It seems Mel is pointing and talking about the location for the fuel pressure. The green arrow is pointing to the oil TEMP and that is where I have mine and it is working all OK.

Last edited:
It seems Mel is pointing and talking about the location for the fuel pressure. The green arrow is pointing to the oil TEMP and that is where I have mine and it is working all OK.
Mel's post specifically states "Oil Pressure". Why are you thinking he is talking about "fuel pressure"? I am confused.

Back