What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

All Points Bulletin

DanH

Legacy Member
Mentor
Ignore the airplane in the attached photos. Instead study the trailer. This is Old Faithful, the 16 foot red trailer I use to haul new airplanes, crashed airplanes, etc.

As of this AM, it is missing from its parking place at my home. I am pissed.

So, eyeballs out please. Watch for it. Plenty of 16 foot trailers out there, but very few with the distinctive added platforms along the top of both sides. This one also has an A-frame at the rear for tailwheels, very heavy duty aluminum ramps, "chocks" welded on the front corners, and a side mount swivel jack.

Attached photos were taken just two weeks ago.

If you spot it, call me at 334-315-7160. or the Elmore County Sheriff's Dept, Wetumpka, Alabama, 334-567-5227.

sad to hear this.

Dan,
Sorry to hear about this. I hope you are able to recover your trailer and catch the culprit(s). I also hope you can prosecute to the full extent of the law. I do not have any sympathy for thieves.

trailer

Let us know if we can help, Dan. I certainly would be more than ****** if my trailer were stolen.
Tom

In the words of the famous philosopher Archie Bunker, I hope they catch them and "paint them with ketcup and put them in the lions den at the zoo".

We'll keep on eye out for your rig over here in Georgia, Dan. I have no patience for thievery.

That sucks

Wow, nice trailer. I kind of thought about building something just like that, but not being in the biz of routinely moving airplanes, it wasn't worth it to me. Good luck getting it back.

Southeast Alabama

Dan,
Sorry to hear about your trailer. Several have been stolen down here in the last couple of weeks. We'll keep an eye out for yours.

Dan,
Sorry to hear about your trailer. Several have been stolen down here in the last couple of weeks. We'll keep an eye out for yours.

Suddenly I'm hearing about a rash of trailer thefts. Where are they going?

I had a similar trailer stolen several years ago.

Around here what they do is steal a trailer, go up and down alleys looking for open garage doors, load up the trailer and take it to a "first Monday trades day" type sale and sell everything.

Catching them is rare at best.

times are getting..........

tougher, watch out for the thieves. protect your stuff. there could be a lot of people here that may help. good luck.

sorry to hear that

Hope you find your trailer soon, like you say, it is a unique trailer so perhaps there is hope. Well good luck and thanks for all the informative posts.

take care,

carl

Fast forward.........

I got an interesting Christmas present.

My buddy Ron was driving down a back road over in the next county, looked off into a field, and spotted a red trailer which looked mighty familiar.

Yep, it was my trusty old airplane trailer. We had it locked in the local Sheriff's impound lot 2 hours later. Next morning they were able to obtain a copy of the original police report from my home county, and I was able to drag it home.

What do you figure the chances were after 2-1/2 years?

The guy who had it swears he got it in trade for work, but can't remember who for. Yeah, right. No arrest (unlikely to get a conviction), but he's now on a list.....

Here is why you want to fly over your house...

It is only going to get worse. Gates, dogs, lights, motion detectors, video cameras and S&W really help up here in the Bluegrass state. Glad you found it Dan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear Dan. Trailers have to be registered and titled in Washington St.
making the burden of proof of possession of stolen property fall on the person in possession of it, i.e. somebody "gives" or "trades" you a trailer you have to register it. Tough to do without a title. Anyway, people like that will get their just reward somewhere, somehow....
Pretty amazing and random that one of your friends would stumble on it and recognize it over two years later.

Dan, If you spent money on a new trailer or had other expenses consider filing suit against the guy who had it in small claims court. Much smaller burden of proof then criminal court and they judge probably wont like the I can't remember defense!

George

Since it was stolen from your driveway the first time, it's a fair bet that they know where to find it when they need it again.

Back