What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint Matching For Matterhorn White

Geico266

Well Known Member
I'm a newbie painter and I need some help. I'm painting my wheel pants and need to get paint to match Matterhorn White. The local paint shop could not find Matternhorn White in their data base so I took an inspection cover to them to color match with their fancy camera. No joy, it is WAY too gray. Anyone have some cross over numbers from Sherwin Williams JetGlo to an automotive base coat clear coat product? I thought I would try the BCCC on the wheel pants to see how it holds up.

I got the wheel pants ready to paint and killed all of the pin holes using Dan Hanna's resin & mirco ballon method and lots of sanding. Priming when very well and I was able to get a real good painting surface ready. It was pretty disappointing to have the final coat on and way too gray. Do I need to remove it before shooting the new paint on?

Any help greatly apprciated.

Last edited:
My PPG rep recently came in talking about thier new Aerospace line of paint.. They claim to have a cross reference for Matterhorn White. I havent seen the fleet pack for this color yet, but they have matched it for me before just with an inspection panel like you took your paint shop.

As for a code.. I dont think I have one, but I look around

Its a Sherwin Williams color

Matterhorn White was originally a Pratt & Lambert color; they've been bought out by Sherwin Williams. Its available in Acryglo or Jetglo polyurethane "high solids" formulations.

Matterhorn White: CM0830100 product code

This was the white I used on my RV4. You can get it through Advanced Aircraft Coatings, or any dealer who carries the SW line of aerospace coatings products.

Back