What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight Video

jjconstant

Well Known Member
I've finally edited the video of my first flight of RV7A N705CM. I'm 17 tach hours (triggered at 1500rpm) and 25 Hobbs hours into my 40hr Phase 1. Mattituch IO-360 vertical induction, WhirlWind 200RV constant speed prop, 1165lb empty weight. I'm flying out of Livermore, CA and my test area is a roughly circular 50nm radius range centered on the Modesto/Turlock area in the central valley. I've found flight following enormously helpful and reassuring while spending more time than I'm normally comfortable with "heads down" calibrating things and learning cockpit flows that work.

http://vimeo.com/11079276

It's about 5 minutes long.

Jeremy Constant

Congrats and nice musical score!!! It made the event sound EPIC...which it was. I hope to get my 9A to the airport this year.

Indeed, Jeremy. Well done! Loved the music editing for takeoff and landing. Right on the money.

Just wait till you get it painted. LET THE GRIN BEGIN! :D

Well Done, Jeremy..

Now I will go back out and do somemore proseal while I think about your video....

Neato and congratulations! It's hard to see me through the fog, but I was in my yard waving to you. :D;)

Congrads Jeremy

It only gets better from here. I have enjoyed every hour flying my RV-7A and really enjoy being able to get away for the weekend and get places fast. Went to Las Vegas a month ago and got there in 2 hours burning only 17 gallons of fuel. Heading up to Reno for the weekend tomorrow morning. We will have to go fly somewhere together this summer.

Back