What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kent Compact 16 Bike

petehowell

Well Known Member
I read the threads on the folding bikes and thought they were pretty cool, but seemed a bit pricey for the amount of use I would give one. So I summoned the power of Google to find me a cheaper option.

Here is what I found: The Kent Compact 16 at $139 delivered(new customer) it is not that bad. You won't win any races on it and I'm sure the pricier bikes are better quality, but my goal was "better than walking" and this one meets and beats the goal. It has an alloy frame and is in the 25# range.

We needed a mission for the bike, so Kate and I decided a brunch picnic in Rushford would be just great. Here's our story and we are stickin' to it!

We carefully folded the bike and slid it behind the seat - it fits easily even with the spare nosewheel, O2 bottle, tools, brunch, and other stuff.

IMG_9067.JPG

Even the little one is growing up, but not me!
IMG_9080.JPG

We did not loiter at Prairie Island Nuke Plant - The bike was not affected by background radiation - Nuke Proof- Check
IMG_9092.JPG

Left Downwind for 34 - Spring has sprung - look at the green!
IMG_9096.JPG

See - better than walking. 6 speeds - front and rear brakes - luggage rack. Unfolds in 30 sec.
IMG_9105.JPG

Kate likes it, too!
IMG_9114.JPG

A little brunch!
IMG_9111.JPG

Folds in 30 secs for the trip home! I think it is a gem for the money.
IMG_9120.JPG

Let me know if you have questions.

Last edited:
Thanks Pete...

...I'm not at the airport but I wonder if it'll fit diagonally through the -10's baggage door. I don't recall the door's diagonal measurement but I'll see it tomorrow,

Thanks,

is it just me or one of those optical illusions? I think even an ol'fat guy like me could have walked from the plane to that table.:D:D

ok, nice bike

Will two fit

Great value there Pete. Photo of the bike in the baggage area looks like an easy fit. Would two fit?? This or the Citizen look like the ticket for the occasional trip when bikes make life easier.
Thanks

Hey Carl

I have not tried two, but I think they would fit. Maybe Mr Maib can find a 2 seater and see if they will fit in there for us.

I like the bike, and the 20" version of the Citizen looks good too. You could probably get two of the 16" ones into the baggage compartment on a 6 though. The only catch is, at 25lb each, you're eating up half of your baggage capacity before you even think about luggage. And with two bikes, you won't get much luggage in.

I guess everything is a tradeoff... :)

JUst bought the 20" Citizen

...and am VERY pleased with it. It's a little over $300, but is VERY well made and comes ready to unfold and ride. Seven-speeds. Also weighs in at 25#. One will fit in the back of my 9A, but not two of 'em. :(

Back