VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics


  #1  
Old 03-09-2010, 11:43 AM
RV8Squaz RV8Squaz is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 278
Default Source for o'rings for fuel injector servo

Hey Guys,
What is your source for 0rings used in the fuel inlet screen of the Bendix/RSA/SiverHawk fuel injection servo? They are supposed to be replaced when cleaning/checking the screen during each annual. Spruce doesn't have them. I called Precision, they sent me to one of there distributors, Aviall, which in turn sent me to a local shop to be ordered from. Sounds more difficult and costly than it needs to be.

Jerry
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Don at Airflow Don at Airflow is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 260
Default O-Rings

We have them.
You need one P/N 953451-10 $1.00 each, and one P/N 951789 $1.20 each.

Give us a call at 864-576-4512.

Sorry Precision won't help you.

Don
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-09-2010, 04:16 PM
8CW 8CW is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 306
Thumbs up Customer Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don at Airflow View Post
We have them.
You need one P/N 953451-10 $1.00 each, and one P/N 951789 $1.20 each.

Give us a call at 864-576-4512.

Sorry Precision won't help you.

Don
Just one more reason to go with AFP from the get-go...
__________________
Bill Settle
RV-8 N38CW (Reserved)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-10-2010, 07:52 AM
RV8Squaz RV8Squaz is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8CW View Post
Just one more reason to go with AFP from the get-go...

I just got off the phone with Don at Airflow Performance and ordered the o'rings. We had a nice chat. I will certainly be thinking about them on my next project!

Jerry
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-10-2010, 09:13 AM
orchidman orchidman is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV8Squaz View Post
Hey Guys,
What is your source for 0rings used in the fuel inlet screen of the Bendix/RSA/SiverHawk fuel injection servo? They are supposed to be replaced when cleaning/checking the screen during each annual. Spruce doesn't have them. I called Precision, they sent me to one of there distributors, Aviall, which in turn sent me to a local shop to be ordered from. Sounds more difficult and costly than it needs to be.

Jerry
I am coming up on my first inspection in about 3 months. Is there a document available that details this inspection process?
__________________
Gary Blankenbiller
RV-10 N2GB Flying
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-11-2010, 10:24 AM
RV8Squaz RV8Squaz is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 278
Default

Go to the Precision website, give tech support a call and speak with Al Jessemer. He will send you a DVD with the maintenance procedures. Lots of info on their website too.

Jerry
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Aircraft Spruce Info Aircraft Spruce Info is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 14
Default RE:O-RINGS

Aircraft Spruce now carries the O-rings mentioned in this post. The Aircraft Spruce part numbers are 07-953451-10 and 07-951789. For any questions or to place an order please contact our sales department at 951-372-9555 or 1-877-4SPRUCE or you can also visit our website at www.aircraftspruce.com

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-20-2010, 01:12 PM
9GT's Avatar
9GT 9GT is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern Michigan
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircraft Spruce Info View Post
Aircraft Spruce now carries the O-rings mentioned in this post. The Aircraft Spruce part numbers are 07-953451-10 and 07-951789. For any questions or to place an order please contact our sales department at 951-372-9555 or 1-877-4SPRUCE or you can also visit our website at www.aircraftspruce.com

Thank you
Its great to have someone at AS&S monitor these forums and help out. You have really taken criticism well and stepped up to the plate as far as customer service goes over the last several years. Keep up the good work!
__________________
David C.
Dues Paid Through 10/02/14

RV-10: N959RV
Flying as of 12/29/2013
Howell, MI

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:56 PM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.