What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Hotel Poll

RV Hotel Experience?

• Total voters

turbo

Well Known Member
Got an email from Vlad,

Hi Ed,

I friend of mine, RV-10 builder (Siberian RV on VAF) will be visiting me here in US and we are planning to drive all way down to Key West. Will be passing your area on April the 11th. Would you accommodate two non-smoking visitors for the night? We plan to depart your area on Monday the 12th. Most likely we stay two nights at Key West and then go to Sun-n-Fun for the duration of the show. Where would you recommend to stay affordably at Key West? Oh we are straight if it helps. Any suggestions appreciated I know you must have many. You travel a lot. I am a big fan of your pix-puzzles and stories.

Vlad

it occurred to me that many rv'ers probably dont even know of the RV Hotel.i have used it both ways, staying with others and great fun people staying here. if you are using it then your rv experience is being had to its fullest. :)

maybe doug should start up a category for RV Hotel experiences.

Last edited:
Mary and I are big fans of the Eden House hotel in Key West. We were introduced by a writeup Bruce Sacks did on the hotel in this forum just last year. We will be there later in April for The Conch Republic Independence celebration.

Mary and I are big fans of the Eden House hotel in Key West. We were introduced by a writeup Bruce Sacks did on the hotel in this forum just last year. We will be there later in April for The Conch Republic Independence celebration.

Dave,
Our group is doing the invasion formation flyover and we'll be in the parade with our now famous Jose FlyBones in the RV3 float.
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=42730&highlight=Key+West
Keep in touch and we'll get together.

We are staying at the SouthenMostPoint B&B. http://southernmostpoint.com/

Otherwise, we usually stay at the Ocean Breeze Inn. http://www.OceanBreezeInn.com/
The rooms run around $90/night.

Last edited:

I have also stayed at the Eden house and we enjoyed ourselves.

My wife and I are hopefully going to be in Key West for the "invasion" too:) That is if I get my cylinders back from ECI before April

Several days ago we finished our long Key West trip and arrived in NYC. Sergey flew home by Aeroflot airlines. Seemed the only airline with flights not affected by the ash cloud.

We stayed at Southernmost Point as DanLandry suggested. Excellent spot with ocean view. I did a write up for non-aviation public about the trip. Will forward a link to those who are interested.

partyended.jpg

Also I would like to share experience with RV Hotels. On our way to Key West we stayed in Ed "Turbo's Villa" and enjoyed it very much. The house looks like a museum inside. Outside is neatly manicured lawn (a helipad) and a dock with a speedboat. Looks like Turbo has all three elements conquered :D. "Turbo's Hanger" is only couple minutes from the house and is fully loaded with artifacts too. The chopper was not home that day. Thank you very much Ed! We will be back with RVs in couple years. This fish is in the guest room in case if you get hungry :D

Turbosfish.jpg

Next RV Hotel was located in beautiful hills of Georgia. We stopped at "Kahuna's" Magic House on our way back from S-n-F. Many things in this house are waiting for their Guinness Book records :) If you think you saw the most expensive workbench somewhere, think again. Race car built from scratch, dogs so friendly that they have their own couch to watch RV aerobatics and much more... I requested the Hotel long time ago but did not confirm my arrival with Mike and he was not sure if we are coming. So we came on very short notice, called him three hours before arrival and inserted ourselves right in the middle of his busy schedule. Thank You Sir for everything. Thanks for hospitality, hot tub and beer, excursion into your projects, using links in your office and much more...

He has a Russian Corner too :D

Kahunaslicker.jpg

Mike has an iGate in his house and when we missed a turn to the Mall of Georgia he called us and asked if we are lost. KGB at work :D

anyone know these people?

Hi flying friend!

We are two RV7 pilots who are flying around the world, and saw your ?RV Hotel? in Vansairforce.
We have finished flying South America and now we would like to travel around North America.
It would be great if we could make a stop at your place!
We intend to fly the next week to Costa Rica, then Mexico and enter the USA through Texas, flying towards California and making the whole United States.

Here is our web site:
www.flight-around-the-world.org

P.S. we are non smokers and have no pet!

our friendliest regards from Isabela- Galapagos islands.
--
Detlef Heun & Liliana Tagliamonte

Hi flying friend!

We are two RV7 pilots who are flying around the world, and saw your ?RV Hotel? in Vansairforce.
We have finished flying South America and now we would like to travel around North America.
It would be great if we could make a stop at your place!
We intend to fly the next week to Costa Rica, then Mexico and enter the USA through Texas, flying towards California and making the whole United States.

Here is our web site:
www.flight-around-the-world.org

P.S. we are non smokers and have no pet!

our friendliest regards from Isabela- Galapagos islands.
--
Detlef Heun & Liliana Tagliamonte

Hello Turbo:
I live in Oklahoma City, OK. in an airpark community (2OK2). I have plenty of hangar space, give me a call, I'm interested.

Marshall Alexander
(405) 417-6077

img0933eq.jpg

img0932v.jpg

img0931p.jpg

jay pratt and carol are getting around florida after working at snf. a little dockside dining at sailors return and lounging on the beach chairs in down town stuart. a lot of laughs and eating. time to call it a night.

Turbo-

Jay is missing something from his hand in the first pic.

Carol---Watch those 2

See ya when you get back.

Henineken

Bruce, a photo is a snapshot in time.... My Heineken was finished and the bottle left in the restaurant :)

RV Hotel

Seems to me from the many posts that I have read on this thread that many don't even know what the RV Hotel Poll is referring to. :eek:

RV Hotel

Call first 817 271 0594
I have used this feature both ways.
I have a hanger at Hicks T67, north of Fort Worth, Texas. I have an extra car and hanger space.
A cot in the air conditioned shop if you are don't mind camping.
Two cats in residence. I love dogs and cats,,,. :D

And, Where is, that RV Hotel ??? on a beach??

Last edited:
upgrades

img0290se.jpg

things are lookn up at rv hotel in stuart fl. those that have been here know that the kitchen has been in need of help. it is like going from old school to glass panel. being in a flood zone made it tough to decide what to redo with till a friend mentioned metal cabinets. so stainless steel with granite tops it was. come on down.

the poll says that a lot of you have not heard of or used it. 80%!!!!!! WOW. get the word out and come visit us rv hotelers. FL is nice this time of year. ask vlad.

img0247mf.jpg

jay and carol coming down again in 2012?

have a great holiday. http://members.shaw.ca/cybernana/funpage/dominick/dominick.htm

Turbo,

Jay and Carol will be back in April if not sooner!!
Your new kitchen is Looking good!!!

Five Stars in MA

There is another top notch RV Hotel in Massachusetts. To get there you have to climb high and keep the sun at your back all the way :)

nyc.jpg

You land here and they bring red ropes for your RV :D , all terrain limo and red carpet for you.

KPYM.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

There is everything in the Hotel but you have to put some toiling time on owner's RV so it's not exactly free :D

RVHotelinMA.jpg

The Hotel is not listed on White Pages but it's there in MA I checked in two times. Is the owner here? I want to say Big Thank You!

53VG is now an RV Hotel

I need to drop DR a note as I can finally add "The Salmon Farm" to the RV Hotel list!

The Eastern Shore of Virginia is a fun place to fly from, to, and thru!

Land and taxi to the door (53VG) or for those wanting a longer paved airport, KMFV is only a couple of miles and a phone call away.

There is another top notch RV Hotel in Massachusetts. To get there you have to climb high and keep the sun at your back all the way :)

nyc.jpg

You land here and they bring red ropes for your RV :D , all terrain limo and red carpet for you.

KPYM.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

There is everything in the Hotel but you have to put some toiling time on owner's RV so it's not exactly free :D

RVHotelinMA.jpg

The Hotel is not listed on White Pages but it's there in MA I checked in two times. Is the owner here? I want to say Big Thank You!

Vlad, I am glad that you enjoy visiting my houses!!! Just so that you and everyone else knows, I will be at my house in Rangeley, Maine after Christmas. I have already invited a few up there from the Plymouth Pilots www.meetup.com group and if anyone here wants to make the trip, I can pick you up at the airport which is only 1/2 mile up the hill! The identifier is 8B0. I am planning Wednesday, December 28th. Accommodations are first come, first serve if you want to spend the night. The place sleeps about 8 and I have 4 already confirmed.

Vlad, can you make it? Turbo, I know you can't because you are already south. TKATC, how about you?

:) CJ

OH!

...and to contribute to Turbo's thread, I have stayed with fellow RV'ers and they have stayed here with me. I haven't met an RV builder that I didn't like. They are a truly unique bunch! As weird as some of them might me (myself included) they are top notch people!

I have stayed with Chad and John Roberts when I was out west on my month long divorce-induced motorcycle trip and MANY including Turbo have taken me for RV rides here and there while on the road.

:) CJ

Back