What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need O-ring p/n for Hartzell

dan

Well Known Member
I'm anticipating replacing my alternator belt at some point in the near future, and I need to get an O-ring for my Hartzell prop. I want to have an extra or two (for my tool/parts bag) anyway. The Hartzell book says to use:

C-3317-228

Sac Sky Ranch stocks the MS28775-228, which I believe is the same animal, and they cross reference AN6230-6 as an alternate part number. I don't mind ordering from Sac Sky Ranch but would prefer to grab it from Spruce (local) if it's all the same. Spruce sells the AN6230B-6 -- note the "B", the meaning of which I don't know.

Can somebody confirm that an AN6230B-6 is the correct O-ring that I need? If not, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
)_( Dan
RV-7 N714D (804 hours)
http://www.rvproject.com

O ring

Those numbers are all good. I use the standard AN for ease of availability. Make sure the package has a current date. Use thin coating of oil when installing.
T88
RV10

MS28775 Cancelled

Dan,
I don't know the "B" meaning on the AN number but the Mil Spec was cancelled in 2000 and superceded by SAE AS-28775.

It is POSSIBLY (meaning I don't know) a material identifier.

As I was looking around at some of the material identifier letters, a "B" was used to denote EPDM. If it does denote EPDM, that material is a lousy application for petroleum products.

I don't have free access to the SAE spec or I could help a bit more. Maybe someone else out there has it available?

-mike

Back