What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FWF wiring

eric.kallio

Well Known Member
Anyone willing to share pics or descriptions of their FWF wire runs. Namely the alternator and starter wires. I am nearing that point and rather than re-invent the wheel I would like to see what has worked for others to see what will work best for me. If they are too big to post or you would just prefer you can email them to me at scout019(at)msn.com. Thanks,

Eric Kallio

Although not a RV-10, it is a IO-540. I have pictures of all the wiring runs FWF on my website. This link will get you in the right spot. Engine Wiring

Here's a picture from underneath the engine.
Engine109.jpg

I just followed Van's wiring plans and routed along the oil sump/engine block attach bolts with adel clamps and some steel standoffs - all came with the kit.

However, one piece of advice I can give you, is to do all of this wiring BEFORE mounting the exhaust on. I think practically everything FWF can be done MUCH easier with the exhaust off the engine. The exhaust nicely hangs away and down from the engine, so practically nothing will interfere with it when you mount it.

Oh, oh

My GOD! Are those zip ties there Mr. Rocket? Watch out, the zip-tie police will flay you. As one recent poster said, EAA judges think they're illegal. Looks good to me though.

Down the engine side on brackets mounted to the oil sump bolts. This is the right side with wiring for alternator and LSE crank sensor. On the left side are the starter and fuel flow since my fuel flow sensor is below the engine forward. Unfortunately the brackets cannot be seen in this picture.

Thanks for the input

I appreciate the pics and input from the responses. Got the FWF cables run, now to figure out where all the GRT EIS wires are supposed to go.

Eric Kallio

Back