What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFS AOA Flap switch installation

Are you using the Micro switch or the RAC 1.2 travel indicator?

If its the travel indicator I can take some pictures when I get home.

Pat, I have an e-mail with some pictures, etc. Tried to forward to you but got an e-mail failure.....email me at rene at felker dot com and I will forward you the e-mail.

Was thinking about this today and how many wires I need to be planning for. A photo would be helpful for me too.. :D

Ok, now I have some time.....my wife ran out of town and left me with the two monsters today...2 hockey practices, one Nutcracker, two birthday parities and one Karate Christmas party......I survived, but it really was a two man job.

Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2009 9:37 AM
To: 'Dave Bowman'
Subject: FW: RV10-List: Flap position sensor

Yes I used the Ray Allen and used this e-mail as a guide. I did mine a little different, but same concept. I made a simple bracket I mounted to the left side. I incorporated my AOA switch and then made an aluminum ??shaft that goes between the sensor and the flap control shaft. The shaft has a tab on it to activate the AOA micro switch. I connected the other end of the shaft to the flap control shaft using a band clamp around the shaft and an aluminum angle. I used this to do the final adjustment. Sorry, no pictures. I did add a quick sketch I made?..not to scale?..

Rene'
801-721-6080

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 7:44 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: FW: RV10-List: Flap position sensor

Here is the e-mail I am using as a guide. I am going to try and integrate the position indicator and the AOA switch on the same bracket??.

Rene'
801-721-6080

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:eek:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected]
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 12:49 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: RV10-List: Flap position sensor

Photos attached of my POS 12 mount. I used 2 pieces of .032 angle, one screwed to the tunnel wall and one pop-riveted to the flap actuator. I connected them with a piece of threated model aircraft pushrod with a brass clevis on one end and a Z bend on the other.

You can also see the flap switch I installed for my Advanced Flight Systems AOA Sport systems.

-Jim McGrew

In a message dated 7/6/2006 9:42:21 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:
--> RV10-List message posted by: "Richard Sipp" <[email protected]>

I would like to hear from anyone who has mounted a Ray Allan flap position
sensor (POS 12) on the flap system to drive a Ray Allan LED indicator. A
picture or description of where and how you mounted it would be most
appreciated.

Thanks

Dick Sipp

scan.jpg

129-2908_IMG.JPG

129-2958_IMG.JPG

If you are using an AFS EFIS, the flap micro switch is not needed for the AOA if you use the POS-12 sensor.

AOA Flap Switch

Thanks Rene, Alton I had not planned on a position switch, on both RV8's I built I used a momentary up and down type switch which worked well so I have planned the same approach on the RV10. On the AFS micro switch I assume the EFIS is looking for a signal that either the flaps are coming down or that they are full down?

Pat

Back