What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon AP74 Firware Upgrade Questions

Brantel

Well Known Member
I know several of you have the Dynon AP74 integrated with your EFIS systems so here goes a question....

Knowing that the AP74 gets updated with the Dynon support program over the DSAB when while updating the EFIS, I am having an issue where the program starts to do its job but then errors and will not finish. It sometimes leaves the AP74 hung and requiring a cycle of its power.

I have successfully upgraded all the rest of the gear (D100, Remote Compass, D120 and HS34) to version 5.2 using the support program and all those went just fine.

The DSAB bus is configured and everything is talking as it should. The entire system is at 5.2 except the AP74 is at 5.1.1 Everything works like it should including the dimming of the lights on the AP74, the value knob works as it should etc.

Now one piece of info that may be the issue is that I currently do not have any servo's attached to the DSAB. Not sure this would be the issue.

I even tried to do a firmware backup of what was in the AP74 and it fails as well about 1/2 way thru.

When I do a detect of firmware, I see the D100, the remote compass and the AP74 just as I should with all showing 5.2 except the AP74 which shows 5.1.1

Any ideas? Will attaching servos allow the upgrade to take place? Should it upgrade anyway? Can I just leave it at 5.1.1 and be happy?

Hey Brantel,

I don't know for sure, and you will have to revert to the prior version to try it.

To revert - my hunch is that you can simply unplug the AP74, UN-configure the AP74 and autopilot from the DSAB menu, and then try to revert to your prior version. Typically if an installation program aborts it is because it is not finding something it expects; by removing the expectation it should submit with no more than a few hammer-blows...

:D

Back