What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6 Emergency Landing near Deer Valley Airport

nucleus

Well Known Member
Anyone we know?

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2009/11/28/20091128plane1128.html

A single-engine aircraft approaching Phoenix Deer Valley Airport had to make an emergency landing in Northwest Phoenix Saturday morning, authorities said.

After encountering engine problems, the pilot was forced to land the plane on 43rd Avenue south of Pinnacle Peak Road at about 9:20 a.m., said Laura Brown, a spokeswoman for the Federal Aviation Administration.

The landing happened about three miles west of Deer Valley Airport.

Brown didn't have specifics on the engine problems, but she said the landing on 43rd Avenue was probably necessary.

"Pilots usually don't land on a road unless they have a serious reason to do so," Brown said.

There were no injuries and no damages to the plane which was a Van's Aircraft RV-6, an experimental aircraft with a wingspan of 23 feet.

I talked to friend who has his plane at DVT on the same row as this plane and said good landing with no damage or injuries. I was told this is the second off airport landing for this aircraft. The plane had a turbo charger added within the last few weeks.

when you dont know for sure

so after 260 hours of flying with out a glitch two rod nuts on # 2 rod came lose and feel in to the oilpan
with a result of total destruction of crank rods cases clinders cam pistons
the outfit that build the O360 A1A with fuel injection did no longer exist
so i was out of luck and started to build a new motor and while i was at it
i build it with a turbo charger and intercooler
joe manning i just want you to know this plane did not have a turbo at the time of forced landing
and that was the only time it landed of airport
but a year later it is flying again this time it has a turbo

Back