What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Package tray

Mike S

Senior Curmudgeon
What is it???

PA200036.jpg

A little more of the puzzle

PA200037.jpg

Last piece

PA200038.jpg

Answer???

Next Post.

Answer

O.K., here is what a few pieces of scrap scrounged from the shop looks like after it is installed in the back of the 10.

PA200039.jpg

This is a package tray above the cargo area, behind the rear seats, will be covered with a piece of carpet.

PA200040.jpg

I decided to use a lift up hatch for two reasons-------I am using the Classic Aero rear seat, without any opening between the seat backs, and I am too cheap to buy a new sheet of alum big enough to make it in one piece.:D

Last edited:
Great idea Mike! And you're right...now is the time to consider this mod. I will pass your post along to the captain... Looking good! :)

Walt Fuller

Last edited:
Very nice Mike! Will the entire shelf be easily removable?

Pull two hinge pins at the bulkhead, and it drops down and comes out the baggage door.

If you are slow, maybe 15 seconds??

The two orange things in the photo are flags on the temp hinge pins I am using, they are inserted from the center toward the sides.

I like these wire markers, used by utility companys and such, they make good test pins, and the flag makes it easy to find them when you drop one on the floor.:D

Pull two hinge pins at the bulkhead, and it drops down and comes out the baggage door.

If you are slow, maybe 15 seconds??

The two orange things in the photo are flags on the temp hinge pins I am using, they are inserted from the center toward the sides.

I like these wire markers, used by utility companys and such, they make good test pins, and the flag makes it easy to find them when you drop one on the floor.:D
Sweet! After flying for a year, I think this mod looks very useful. It might also help a bit with the cold air that seems to come from the tailcone on long cross country flights.(?)

Last edited:
Sweet! After flying for a year, I think this mod looks very useful. It might help a bit with the cold air that seems to come from the tailcone on long cross country flights.(?)
The Classic Aero rear seats should help also-----------too bad they are no longer available. I do believe that Geoff at Aerosport makes something similar, as does Abby at Flight Line Interiors.

Last edited:
Back