What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Dispenser

Lots of the CT guys have made MoGas trailers, typically 50-60 gal. Tanks and 12V transfer pumps aren't that expensive. The 912S wants 91 octane gas, so if you don't use the gas in the trailer within 4-6 weeks, put it in your car and burn it there - don't get it get "stale".

TODR

Anyone know of a vendor that sells a toolbox/tank combination w/ a 12V pump for the back of a pickup?

Try Northern tool

But beware..These tanks are not necessarily waterproof..A buddy of mine in Oregon has his airplane quit during taxi to the runway..He later on drained TWO gallons of water from his tanks!

Frank

But beware..These tanks are not necessarily waterproof..A buddy of mine in Oregon has his airplane quit during taxi to the runway..He later on drained TWO gallons of water from his tanks!

Frank
Also, they are not approved for auto fuel, diesel only.

Frank

..... has anyone talked to this guy about his preflight procedures? Pretty hard to imagine how this got by his sampling the tanks.

Yes but

..... has anyone talked to this guy about his preflight procedures?

Autofuel is clear..Like water.

When there is THAT much water in it then you won't see it..Thats why I always sniff my sample

Frank

I built this trailer using an old diesel tank. I've run over 5,000 gallons through it.

fuel_tank.JPG

Yes, I have repainted it! Note the dual filter system.

Autofuel is clear..Like water.

When there is THAT much water in it then you won't see it..Thats why I always sniff my sample

Frank
If you use mogas, you need a GATS jar. When you pour the sample back into the tank (you're not throwing it onto the ground ... are you?), any water is retained in the sample jar. If the whole sample stays in the jar, keep sampling :eek:

TODR

Back