What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Advanced Flight Systems RV-10 Painted

N402RH

Well Known Member
After 11 weeks of painting I flew the RV-10 home with a production AF-4500 EFIS running the new Synthetic Vision software. We will be loading it up and flying it to Oshkosh on Friday.

DSC_0201.JPG

DSC_0111.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0130.JPG

DSC_0186.JPG

DSC_0189.JPG

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems
N402RH RV-10 Painted

Wow...

BEAUTIFUL paintscheme Rob! Or maybe it was the wife's design? ;-)

Anyway, it's just a beauty, both the colours and the scheme!

Have a fine trip to Osh! I bet both the paint and the 4500 will create alot of interest!

Saweeeeeeet

Very nice. Great colors and scheme. Do you have the paint codes/names?

Can't wait to see the 4500. Got two screens on order for the new 7 and want to touch and feel!!!!!

See you there!!!

Breath taking paint! Nice panel! I've heard about your Advanced syn vision and can't wait to see it!

Very nice!

The plane was painted by Craig Roberts in Aurora Oregon. It was painted using PPG Deltron 2000 basecoat/clear coat. The colors are BMW metallic pearls, Titanium Silver and Montego Blue.

Craig spent six weeks on preparation, two weeks masking and painting, and two more weeks on buffing and final touches. The attention to detail that Craig does is truly amazing, everyone that has seen it says that it is too nice to fly. Craig even made my two sons polish the inside windows and exhaust pipes before we were allowed to leave with it.

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10

N40?RH

Hi Rob,

Looking very nice. I noticed that your VAF alias is N401RH but your plane is N402RH. Is there a good story behind this this?

Looking forward to when the 4500's go on sale...

Back