What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tandem C Squeezer & Adj. Set Holder

DPW

Howdy

I recently purchased a Tandem C Squeezer from Avery and now want to buy an adjustable set holder for it. The one on Avery's site says it won't fit the Tandem squeezers.

My question is, is there an adjustable set holder for the tandem squeezers? I've emailed Avery, but they don't seem to respond to email.

Cheers
Damian

Hi Damian,

I've never heard of an adj set for alligator squeezers. but I'm not an expert on tooling so maybe there is one somewhere. the design of the tool itself seems to preclude the use of a threaded insert, which is what the c frame with ram style squeezers use.

OP says it's a C-squeeze, not a 'gator.

I believe the issue is that the tandem unit is capable of developing 2x the squeeze force as the basic squeezer and they don't rate their adjustable set holder as being capable of handling that kind of force.

Thanks Karl, that's what I thought it might be. I'll just have to stick with using the shims.

Cheers
Damian
OP says it's a C-squeeze, not a 'gator.

I believe the issue is that the tandem unit is capable of developing 2x the squeeze force as the basic squeezer and they don't rate their adjustable set holder as being capable of handling that kind of force.

Damien
Did you go for the tandem for a particular reason rather then the single chamber model?
John

Damien
Did you go for the tandem for a particular reason rather then the single chamber model?
John

Nope! I actually thought I was ordering the smaller single chamber squeezer. Avery have a fairly good deal at the time I ordered and I didn't really know much about them. I have since done the RV builders workshop I now know what I should have ordered. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. :)

Cheers
Damian

Another Problem

Well after squeezing my first rivets with the Tandem C I come across another problem. I ordered the longeron yoke with my squeezer. The yoke fits onto the squeezer OK, but because the base of the longeron yoke is alot thinner than the yoke that came with it the shaft sits too high and I pull the trigger there is only 1/8" with the smallest dies installed.

Has anyone successfully used a Tandem C squeezer and a longeron yoke?

I think I'm going to have to order a second squeezer. :(

Cheers
Damian

Back