What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Milestone: Panel Off Life Support!

flion

Well Known Member
As I've wired my peripherals to the panel, I've been using a power supply to test things with. Finally, the last connections (with the exception of some sensors to the Engine Pod) have been made and I can finish cleaning up the wiring runs and get that 'last skin' on. More importantly, the power supply is replaced with the battery (supplemented by a trickle charger) and so now I can run everything at once rather than just what the 10A supply could support. Everything except the Lightspeed Ignitions has been ground tested now; even the ground tests for the autopilot have been completed. Yay! Next milestone, engine start.

Sorry about the whiteout in the background; the picture was taken from my hangar facing into bright sunlight.
DSC01375.jpg

Thanks, Mike. Oh, yeah, forgot to give credit. The gang at Aerotronics for doing the panel itself and giving me great support to get it connected to everything in the plane. Blue Mountain Avionics for good support on getting the Engine Pod set up (and their A/P servo cables are a work of art - this from a network engineer who has seen his share of both good and shoddy cables). And to the gang at Superior Air Parts for helping me figure out the Lightspeed installation forward the panel (Aerotronics did the power, battery backup, and optional keyswitch wiring in the panel).

Back