What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Adjustable rudder pedals retrofit in RV-8

ArjanPlomp

Hi all,
Two days ago we purchased an -8 in a partnership of three. We've looked at and 'tried on' several -4's and -8/8A's and noticed that because of the significant different in size between the partners, we really like the adjustable rudder pedals we've seen in a few -8's. The one we purchased does not have this. Can it be retrofitted? If so, how much time would it take, what parts to order?
Thanks,
Alexander
KGAI.

Take a look at the floor in front of the pilot. In the center, somewhere just ahead of a line between the gear towers, are there two holes? Check to see if a -3 bolt will screw into them (there should be nutplates underneath). If this is the case, those bolt holes support the rear end of the adjustable pedal slide tube, and you are well more than half-way to installing them! If not, you'll have a bit more difficulty, but it could be done. Someone here who has their drawings handy can probably get you the drawing number you'll need to order parts and see how they work, but I shouldn't think it would be hard.

Paul (Love my adjustable pedals for long flights)

Take a look at the floor in front of the pilot. In the center, somewhere just ahead of a line between the gear towers, are there two holes? Check to see if a -3 bolt will screw into them (there should be nutplates underneath). If this is the case, those bolt holes support the rear end of the adjustable pedal slide tube, and you are well more than half-way to installing them!.........

Yea....What he said! :)

I'll have a look as soon as we have the -8. We're currently awaiting pre-purchase inspection. I've also asked the seller (who's the builder) and he's going to have a look at the plans.
Arjan Plomp

Back