What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Welcome to the Flight Test Forum

Kevin Horton

Well Known Member
Welcome to the Flight Test forum - the place to discuss any issues with respect to ground or flight testing of RVs.

If you are looking for sources of information on flight testing, I have assembled a collection of links. It has links to many basic references, flight test plans that other builders have used, info on pitot-static system calibrations, determining TAS from GPS data, etc, etc.

Kevin Horton's Flight Test Links

FAA AC 90-89A, Amateur-Built Aircraft and Ultralight Flight Testing Handbook has a wealth of good info, and should be read by everyone before the test planning starts.

Last edited:
Great Kevin

I have been following your websiite, and we are in very similar stages on the 8s.

I hope I get real close to needing this info soon.

Kevin,
I'm building an RV-8 also. I was perusing your site the other day when I found your POH. I downloaded it, and then I noticed that you had increased the max T/O wt. to 1900 from 1800. I pondered this and wondered if maybe the MOT would have something to say about it. Obviously you have though this through so I wondered if you could elucidate on this point a little for the unwashed.

Thanks, Pete

Reply moved to Canada forum

Pete,

You asked a very interesting question, but it doesn't come at all close to fitting in the Flight Test forum. So, I started a new thread with my reply in the Canada forum.

Hi Kevin,

A great idea for a forum...thanks for starting it!

Dave Setser
FTE, Boston ACO
-and-
RV-7 Builder

Back