What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AOA flap switch pics, anyone?

andrew phillips

Well Known Member
I am going to install my AOA flap switch soon and wondered if anyone has a pic of how they located it in a 7a

Last edited:
Made a bracket:

And installed it on the side behind the baggage side panel:

Top view:

Jekyll
7A, AoA Sport

kept it simple

I don't have a pic handy but mine couldn't get any simpler. I just screwed the flap switch to the flap system cover (the large triangular cover) and put an adel clamp on the fore/aft actuator arm (the arm the connects to the motor).

The adel clamp just clears the cover and the screw tab on adel clamp itself opens and closes the switch.

AOA not flap position sensor

I am looking for info on the switch for the AOA. It needs to detect the flap position after 1/3 travel. Just not sure how to place the swictc that remains open or closed for 1/3 of the travel then changes...That's the problem.

Andrew, according to your tag line, you are using a AFS-3500. Look at the manual for the AFS, page 14. The sensor can be used in place of the flap switch. There is a setting on the calibration page to tell the AOA to use the sensor. I am assuming that you are using the built in AOA in the 3500. I have this setup on mine. I lower the flaps and the little donut does what is is supposed to.

http://www.advanced-flight-systems.com/Support/AF-3000 System Manual V5.3.pdf

Last edited:
AltonD is a genius

Thanks, wow that saves a ton of work. I've got to learn to read the manuals. Obviously this "reading the manual" thing is good! The local EAA crowd and my Dad always tease me about not reading the manuals. I will have to keep this episode a secret! Don't tell anyone.

THANKS!!!

Back