What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying RV-10s - brake part info.

az_gila

Well Known Member
To the owners of flying RV-10s...

I just spent most of to-day rescuing a S. Calif. friend's RV-10 that was stuck in Sierra Vista with a leaky brake cylinder.

The interesting bit I found out was that Van specifies quite a rare part number for the RV-10 brake pads. It's a Cleveland 66-11200 - and only seems to be used on Bellanca Skippers and very late model Piper Tomahawks. We were really lucky that we found one that was actually in stock in the only parts place in Tucson.

Given the limited use of this particular brake pad, it probably would make sense to add a spare set to your travel tool kit....:)

Any airport mechanic should have the O-ring, rivets and brake tool, but the pads are another thing...

Gil A

A sign of things to come?

On approach to Sierra Vista (aka Libby Army Airfield) the tower told an aircraft to hold since I was on final... a voice acknowledged...
I then looked over to the taxiway and the "plane" was a Predator drone... who knows where the "pilot's" voice came from?....:)

Twice now I've looked for the PN's Gil added, and added a set of pads to an order.

You don't happen to have the PN for the snap ring do you? lol

Thanks Gil!

Hard to find parts

Bellanca or Beechcraft Skipper? Not to be a jerk, but really, I am curious. I think I may have to stock up on those to sell for avgas money:rolleyes: Sounds like a part that should be rethought to me. Either that or the certified guys will be ordering theirs from Van.:)

Yep, the Cleveland Brake Assembly # is 199-104A. They are indeed "rarely" used. They are magnesium wheels, I guess that is why they are rareish? It would be a good idea for you RV-10 owners to stock up on the brake pads from Vans. They are the cheapest @ $33 for a whole plane set / 4pad set.

BTW the PN for the snap ring is 155-00100.

Last edited:
Brakes/Brake Linings

I just checked the RV-10 I am helping to build (#40020)--- the Cleveland Brake part no. is 30-59A and the linings (Aircraft Spruce) are 66-105.

Nope - 66-15 pads will not fit --- holes are just slightly off --- going to order the 66-11200 from Van's

Last edited:
Back