What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Covering an old N number

tangocharlie

I'm changing my N number, but don't want to repaint until next year. Any ideas on covering the old one with some sort of tape or graphics... I can't get the paint off easily and don't want to make a major mess of it.

Thanks,

Tammy

I just changed my N number. Luckily the previous owner used the thin vinyl tape computer-cut graphics numbers. It was a bear getting the goo off, but the new vinyl numbers went on real nice.

paint

How about just painting a rectangular box over the old numbers and then using vinyl letters for the new numbers until you do a full repaint?

gil A

Gil,

I thought about your idea, but I'm pretty dangerous with paint! Maybe I need to hire someone (like a professional!)

Thanks,

Tammy

Last edited:

I can't believe that this is the only picture I have in 8 months of ownership. Anyway, maybe you can see the number (white on navy), and yes the spinner is polka-dotted, and no it won't be on the next paint job (Sorry Rob!)

Last edited:
Get a piece of navy vinyl (try to match the color as best you can) to cover the existing numbers, and then get white vinyl numbers to go over your "patch." This way, you won't have to mess with paint until you're ready to do the whole thing. Any local sign shop should be able to help you out with the vinyl.

My first real contribution!

Last edited:
Back