What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Float Fuel Sender Wire Length

pvalovich

Well Known Member
RV-8A QB so I haven't had much fun with fuel tank stuff. I'm trying to install the float-type fuel senders that arrived with the first kit 2+ years ago. Not much room in the tank for measuring. In referring to drawing 16A, Van's gives the wire length dimensuions as "Approx. 3 inches" for both segments. However, the 1/2 scale drawing view shows them over 4". Supposedly there is a separate data sheet from Vans showing the exact dimensions, but I can't find it. Also, I checked the archives without finding dimensions, but found folks discussing different measurements for the left and right tanks. I'm clueless on that one.

Anyone know what the bent lengths were for your float senders?

Paul Valovich
N192NM Reserved (again)
Ridgecrest, CA

Paul,
This came courtesy of Paul Dye. Vans includes this sheet with the sending units, but I didn't get one. Hopefully the picture will suffice. The left wing calls for 3 1/4" per side and the right is 3 3/16". Don't forget the 3/4" bend to lock the wire in the sender keeping it from rotating. Ask me how I know. If you mess up a bend, hinge pin works as a substitute. Hope this answers your question!

Rocky,
Thanks - just what I needed. But it does bring up more basic questions of the effectivemness of my admin procedures and filing system. Doesn't do much good if you can't find it when its needed.
Booger

Anyone have this drawing

The photo or link seems to have been removed. I didn't get one with my senders either.
Thanks

Float Wire

Come on Guys, someone must have this diagram. I could bend by the plans but I've read that one side is slightly different from the other.
Thanks,

Come on Guys, someone must have this diagram. I could bend by the plans but I've read that one side is slightly different from the other.
Thanks,

I'll e-mail you a scan later today.... gil A

BUT - you can't hide your e-mail address on VAF if you want a copy....:)

Back