What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SUPERIOR XP 0-360 PRIMER LINE PARTS

ELEDSALL

Can somebody tell me what hardware they used from their primer solenoid to the primer line fitting as factory installed on their Superior XP 0-360 engine?

I called Superior and they provided several part numbers for this line; the only difference being the primer line length. I ordered the SL12098-0-130 which is a 13" line. But once receiving it, I was surprised to see that it is a stainless line not copper and the fitting on the engine side is correct but the other end is not a match for the AN fitting coming out of the primer solenoid as supplied by Vans.

Thanks to another post related to this issue, I determined that the correct fitting for the primer solenoid is AN780-2. Ok; I can order this from Spruce. But, now I am wondering if I should have ordered a longer line so that I can put a loop in it. I am worried about the flexibility of the stainless line. Comments and suggestions please.

From Van's

If you order the primer "kit" from Van's it comes with all the copper line and fittings and electric primer pump. I did not install mine and have no trouble starting my carby O-360.

Primer line

The fitting used on the engine side is a code union and nut. ACS has it as well as Wicks. You solder on the code union and use the nut behind it.. Use copper line with a generous loop to absorb vibration. At the solenoid end, use AN nut and flare. Hope your flaring tool will do 1/8 line. If not, You may want to purchase or borrow one. I advise you use a primer system. Never know when you might end up in cold weather!! The other guys are right though, you don't really need it unless your temp dips below 20F or so. Part nos.. AN 800-2 union, AN805-2 for the nut.

Chris Schmitt
RV9A 90910
Doing the panel,,,Getting close!!

Back