What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Not Sure if I deserve this Oshkosh AWARD, but I'll take it!!!!!!!

rv969wf

Well Known Member
I want to thank "James Aircraft" Sam James for presenting this award to me at Oshkosh this year. I just received it in the mail today and wanted to share it with everyone. Sam gives out two awards towards RVs, one is "Best Paint" and the other is "Best Fiberglass Work"... Sam was mostly looking at my fiberglass work firewall forward. My glasswork isn't perfect, but Sam was quite interested with some of the changes and challenges I'd done to the cowling, cooling system, upper and lower plenum and the oil cooler external air supply.

Anyway, those of you attending Oshkosh next year looking for an award like this, get creative and pay attention to detail with your work.

Thanks again to Sam and all of the nice comments everyone had at Oshkosh this year.
dsc08604jo1.jpg

dsc08567lx5.jpg

Last edited:
Congradulations

Having seen your plane on this site then seeing it at OSH is nite and day. your craft really stands out but in a very GOOD eyecatching way.I went to Sams forum. What I really would like to hear is Sam talk about his past,his offshore boating,his time with Bertram Then what he can say about his days with the CIA. Once again your plane reminds me going sprint car racing. If it looks good on the outside chances are that guy also does whats inside right also.

pics?

Congratulations AJ,

Any pics of the plenums, interested especially in seeing how you did the lower plenum.

Thanks,

Jim

Hello AJ :) ,
Was great to meet you at Osh this year. Having seen your bird there is no doubt in my mind why Sam sent you the award :D !!

Congratulations!!

Naw AJ, I saw it, looked at for a long while and wished mine was near that good. You deserve it. Now, as far as "looking for a Lady co-pilot".... loose that shirt! ;)

Larry

Ya I'd say you deserved it

Just pure determination alone gives you that award AJ.

Well done!

Frank 7a

I knew that plane was an award winner when you were posting progress pics on this site.

Congrats,
Steve

You deserve the award

Good to meet you in person at OSH. Thanks for taking the time to go into details on how you made you parts and polished out the prop. I was looking for an easier way, but it looks like you just put in the hard work. I should have suspect that there was more to it than just putting things in a box of clecos and shaking it up.:p Fantastic and a well deserved award.

AJ,
Many thanks to you and others who set the bar a little higher with each custom mod. Your examples inspire us "average" builders to try a little harder, thereby enhancing the overall quality of the entire fleet.
Congrats!

A metal plane builder gets a Glass award, I LOVE IT!

rv969wf said:
I want to thank "James Aircraft" Sam James for presenting this award to me at Oshkosh this year. I just received it in the mail today and wanted to share it with everyone. Sam gives out two awards towards RVs, one is "Best Paint" and the other is "Best Fiberglass Work"... Sam was mostly looking at my fiberglass work firewall forward. My glasswork isn't perfect, but Sam was quite interested with some of the changes and challenges I'd done to the cowling, cooling system, upper and lower plenum and the oil cooler external air supply.

Anyway, those of you attending Oshkosh next year looking for an award like this, get creative and pay attention to detail with your work.

Thanks again to Sam and all of the nice comments everyone had at Oshkosh this year.
Alan you Done us all proud. I bet the glass builder are a little miffed but you do deserve it. Nice work Bro, congrats. :D

THANKS FOR EVERYONES COMMENTS

THANKS FOR EVERYONES COMMENTS!!!! I truely appreciate it.

"A metal plane gets a Glass Award" quoted by George.
:eek:
Hmmmm, that did cross my mind but I excepted the award anyway. Maybe it's the amount of glass that is glued to the metal airplane. LOL

Anyway, thanks to everyone again.

Back