VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 07-25-2019, 11:21 PM

Default FS: RV-6. $39,500!

I've posted this before, but because it got so little interest (7 or 8 people, none super interested), I'm drastically lowering the price and trying one more time.

Lots of details below. But, to start with the basics: RV-6 taildragger, tip-up canopy, O-360-A1A with a Hartzell CS prop, autopilot, VFR, 1075 lbs empty, much of the panel cannibalized from a Cessna 170. The catch: the engine has ~2030 hours (but runs very smooth, no metal in the oil, burns less than 0.1 quarts of oil per hour), hence the low price:

Asking $39,500.

The story/background: Two years ago, a friend and I bought this lovely RV-6 from its builder, Bob N. (Bob N. lives a couple hundred miles south of us, in Portland, and tragically lost his medical. You can tell that he likes late-1950s Corvettes). N130BN (a.k.a. "N-BOB.N") has been our ride on many memorable adventures, such as the 2017 solar eclipse, and of course Oshkosh. However, my friend has moved to another continent, and I don't fly enough hours per year to justify owning an airplane by myself, as much as I love an RV. (This has been my second RV-6 over the years. I hope to own one again someday in the future. But before that, I have some projects I want to finish, and they don't leave much time for flying).

Details:
RV-6
Standard Build
Tip Up
S/N 20110
Seattle, WA
Asking $39,500
VFR
Empty Weight (lbs): 1075
CG is 69.27 inches aft of the nose (CG diagram below)

O-360-A1A with a CS prop. 180hp, stock, 2030 hours since new (i.e. should get an overhaul soon) but runs like new. I just had the annual done last month: Compressions are 78, 72, 76, 74, and the oil showed no metal. In 2017, I had the engine boroscoped when I bought it, and it looked beautiful. The engine has been "babied" its whole life: not run at full power other than during takeoff, and had dehumidified air pumped into the cowling in the hangar. It burns almost no oil (less than 0.1 quarts per hour).

Hartzell constant-speed prop, model HC-C2YK-1BF, last serviced in June 2019, complies with AD 2009-22-03.

Electric flaps, electric pitch trim, no rudder or aileron trim.

VFR. VAL COM 760 radio, King KY92 radio, FlightCom 403c intercom, Garmin GTX 327 transponder (from a Cirrus), DPS FuelWatch totalizer, NavAid AP-1 autopilot. No ADS-B.

Selling because partnership has been reduced to just me, and given my limited time and money, I can't justify owning by myself.

Bought from the builder in 2017, happy to get you in touch with him, got all his pictures from the build, all logs, all manuals, etc.

Painted by the builder sometime around the first flight, in 2001. White paint on fiberglass has a couple small cracks but overall still looks good.

Maintained over the past 2 years by Terry Burch in Arlington, WA. Terry is an A&P, CFI, and "repeat offender" having built a couple of RV-6s and a 7. He is the local RV guru, did my transition training, and has helped out with countless RV builds in the area. However, Terry was booked solid this summer, so for the condition inspection ("annual"), I took the RV somewhere else for the first time: Normandy Aircraft. Feel free to contact them with any questions about how it looks.

No damage history.

Flown regularly.

The airplane was hangared (again; with a dehumidifier blowing dry air into the engine) for its whole life, until July 2017. It was then parked outside just for the summer of 2017, and has been hangared again since then.

I could probably be persuaded to deliver anywhere in the lower 48. Delivery would have to be on a weekend, and I presume potential buyers would probably want to first visit Seattle anyways to check out the airplane..

Contact Info
- name: Bernardo Malfitano
- email: UnderstandingAirplanes@Gmail.com
- text: (360)747-7787

Any questions, please email or text. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread and on my PMs too.

Cheers!

Last edited by AirShowFan : 07-29-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:22 PM

More photos here and here and here.
RV-6A N611RV bought from the builder, thoroughly enjoyed, and then sold.
RV-6 N130BN bought from the builder, thoroughly enjoyed, and now for sale.