Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2019, 08:57 PM

Default Van's Factory RV-12iS Tour May 6th-15th - Hope to meet some of you!

Figured I'd post this here and see who might be located somewhere along my path and able to meet up while I'm flying one of our factory RV-12iS airplanes around the country over the next week and a half or so.

I'll be in the Georgia area starting Monday, and need to end up at the AOPA fly-in at Frederick, Maryland by Thursday. After the fly-in, I plan to depart most likely on Sunday and head toward the Great Lakes area for a bit, then south-ish over Missouri and Arkansas and on to DR's place near Dallas, Texas for a stop. After that, will likely hit Colorado and Salt Lake City area before bookin' it on back to the Van's HQ in Oregon by the 15th or 16th of May.

So, that means I can take a couple days this week as well as after the AOPA show, and visit with some RV folks around those places and areas in-between (or reasonably close, RV-12 speeds factored in). I'd like nothing more than to see what you're building and/or flying, to hear your "RV stories," and maybe even record them.

Truth be told, that's my goal: Record some interviews of all you cool people and your RVs! We've been making airplanes for nearly 50 years, and it's high time we started telling your stories more, so that's the plan. Don't be shy, I'll make it easy, let's tell the world!

I'd also be interested to hear what you'd like to see come out of Van's Aircraft in the future. Here's a chance to let us know what you think.

So - Has flying your RV or your build project changed your life? Of course it has - Let's meet up! I'll bring some of our new Van's stickers and patches - they're easy to carry in the airplane on a 10-day RV-12 trip.

The ultimate bonus situation would be finding locations with a group of builders/owners/pilots that need a good excuse to meet up. But, even one person/airplane is of interest. So, if you think you or someone in the area would be good to meet and talk with, please let me know. You can post a reply here, text or call me at 503-410-two-two-fife-four and/or send me an email at greg@vansaircraft.com.

Of course, weather, safety and overall schedule will define exactly where I can/cannot go and when -- and we all know how that goes planning-wise, but please contact me! I'll do my best. As my plans become more solid, I can update them here if it helps.

Thanks - Hope to see and meet some of you!

Greg

Building RV-8A since Sept 2014 (N88VX reserved)
Dual AFS 5600, Avidyne IFD 440, Whirlwind 74RV, Superior XPIO-360
VAF build thread - Flickr photo album - Project Facebook page
Hillsboro, OR (EAA 105)

Last edited by greghughespdx : 05-05-2019 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Date fix
Old 05-05-2019, 08:55 AM

Default Georgia visit

Where in Georgia? And what time? I would assume you would stop by Falcon Field and Vic S/ Baseleg. The weather on Monday around ATL looks favorable. I would like to see the iS if you do get close to Atlanta.
HOBBS @207
Old 05-05-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBRuth View Post
Where in Georgia? And what time? I would assume you would stop by Falcon Field and Vic S/ Baseleg. The weather on Monday around ATL looks favorable. I would like to see the iS if you do get close to Atlanta.
I'll be at Falcon Field on Monday morning and departing later that morning sometime. Feel free to email me and let me know where you are, etc!

Hillsboro, OR (EAA 105)

Old 05-05-2019, 10:14 AM

Default Fly over to KCCO

You should fly the 10 miles over to Newnan/Coweta County Airport and visit Synergy Air South.

They have an RV-7, RV-8, at least 4 RV-10's (one is mine) and a couple of RV-14's under construction. I doubt there is anywhere in the Southeast US with more RV's being built under one roof.

Lunch break is 11-12 Noon and is the best time to visit.

Locust Grove, GA
DA20-A1 "Princess Amelia" - gone home to Amelia Island
RV-7A Phase 2
RV-10 under construction
Old 05-05-2019, 11:47 AM

Putting Synergy South on my list to work in. It was already on the "if I can" list, but you're right - I really need to try to drop in!

Hillsboro, OR (EAA 105)

Old 05-05-2019, 12:42 PM

Greg, did you mean to say June 6th - 15th?

If true, you'll be about a month late for AOPA
Old 05-05-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Greg, did you mean to say June 6th - 15th?

If true, you'll be about a month late for AOPA
Wow thatís a classic screw-up eh? I meant May. Iíll edit the headline!

Hillsboro, OR (EAA 105)

Old 05-08-2019, 10:38 AM

Itís been a great trip so far. Iíve met with a bunch folks in Georgia and South Carolina so far, all awesome people of course!

Thanks to the many, many people who have contacted me to offer a place to stop. Iíve received many more invitations than I can possibly take folks up on, but I plan to keep the info Incase we can do this again sometime!

If youíll be in Frederick look for the yellow RV-10 theyíll have there. Stop by and say hi, thatís where I plan to be most of the time. Some cool stuff going on there!

Thanks!

Greg

Hillsboro, OR (EAA 105)

Old 05-08-2019, 12:52 PM

Greg it was great to meet you out at the factory last Friday! The invitation to NE Ohio still stands. Short notice is ok as well.

-Mike Guenthner
Builder #83203
VAF Dues Paid Monthly
Old 05-09-2019, 09:05 AM

Default Stopping in Colorado?

You mentioned a stop in Colorado on you return trip. Any stop location identified yet? Safe travels!
RV12, #401, Flying 2013, N612PC
RV6, 1996-2010 sold