What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Updated high pressure fuel pump mounting bracket

Pmerems

Well Known Member
Advertiser
I just received a Updated high pressure fuel pump mounting bracket (F-7115A) from Van's today (no cost).

It isn't just a new bracket, it is a new revised bracket. The original bracket was 8.060" to 8.090" wide and it didn't fit between the floor stiffeners. The gap between the stiffeners is 8.0". This width is all controlled by the prepunched parts supplied with the kit and really can't vary too much with each installation.

I decided to call Van's to see if maybe my bracket was bent improperly and maybe they had a bracket on the shelf that was bent 8.0" wide. They told me they would look and get back to me the next day.

The next day they did call back and told me that all the brackets in stock were 8.060" to 8.090" wide. However after further investigation they found that there was an error in the manufacturing documents and indeed the dimension should have been 8.0". They scrapped the inventory in stock, corrected the documents and fabricated new brackets which are 8.0" wide.

I dropped the new bracket in position this evening and it is a perfect fit. So I wasn't crazy after all.

Great service from Van's.

So for those who have the high pressure fuel pump installation kit and haven't installed the mounting bracket yet, check the fit. If it doesn't fit, don't fight it or waste any time with it. Just call up Van's and ask for a new bracket.

Gus at Van's was a great help.

Great info

Thanks Paul,

I just received my pump kit this week so I will check the fit and call Gus if necessary.

Thanks

Not sure I agree with the "great service." I told Vans about this problem in May 2005 and they did nothing. I ended up modifying the bracket myself following Walter's lead. But I'm glad to hear they've finally fixed it.

Dave

I just bought my firewall forward kit in Feb 07. They sent a bracket that was too wide. I called at the end of Feb 07 and they told me tough luck. I modified the bracket to fit by cutting and fitting angles. Nice to see they finally found and admitted to the problem. Dean

Finally fixed

Gents,

It couldn't have been my good looks (not) :rolleyes: , or my soft spoken voice (not) :rolleyes: , but they listened. :)

The stars must have been aligned.

Just finished drilling and preparing the bracket, fits great. :)

Thanks

Pmerems said:
Gents,

It couldn't have been my good looks (not) :rolleyes: , or my soft spoken voice (not) :rolleyes: , but they listened. :)

The stars must have been aligned.

:)

Paul,

Thanks to the stars ! (and you of course )

I checked mine ( kit arrived in Germany last week ) and found the same problem - Just received an e-mail back from Van's to say that a new bracket is also on the way. :)

Thanks again for the heads up

Great Service, Huh?

I also discovered the mounting plate would not fit between or over the center channel. I decided to modify by cutting off pre bent angles and riveting on some angle to make the bracket fit OVER the center channel. This gave me another 1/8th inch clearance under the pump.

I called Van's (mid-2005) to discuss this issue. I don't remember who I talked to, might have been Gus. I explained the problem and noted that others have had similar problems including my neighbor. I further explained that the error appears to be a misread of the construction plans for the manufacture of the bracket.

I got the typical Van's response of, "we haven't had any complaints." I suggested that a bracket be pulled from inventory and reviewed. He replied, "we'll look into it."

Well I'm glad they got to it 2 years later. Great service :mad:

Back