What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

electronic ignition question

bob888

Well Known Member
I have an Electroair ignition on one side, standard magneto on the other. I am getting misfire on the EI at lower manifold pressures = advanced timing. I also have high compression pistons (10:1). Has anyone with this combination (EI ignition and high compression) had problems like this?

I have an Electroair ignition on one side, standard magneto on the other. I am getting misfire on the EI at lower manifold pressures = advanced timing. I also have high compression pistons (10:1). Has anyone with this combination (EI ignition and high compression) had problems like this?

I doubt the higher compression has anything to do with your misfire.
I have an Electroair on one side with standard comp and have never had any problems.

Last edited:
Bob,
I also have the electroaire I do not get any misfires at all. Do you have your data logs for the flight you can upload to Saavy and share? Do you have your plug wires separated with wire looms? Is it a specific cylinder that this occurs on, or just general misfire?

Which version

Bob,
Which system do you have? The newer ElectroAir or older Jeff Rose system?

If the Jeff Rose, do a search and you will find the problems I had with the same system set up that you have and failure of Jeff Rose/ElectroAir system.

Dan

EI misfire

Thanks for your responses. I do have wire looms and the newer EI system with the 6 cylinder MTH. I have the timing wire passing through the firewall in the same bundle with the power wires for the ignition coils, which Electroair thinks may be a problem. Anybody else have these bundled together?

Back