VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 01-01-2018, 02:12 PM

Default WTB: Red Cube

I am going to replace my Floscan with a Red Cube. Anyone have a spare kicking around they want to sell? Will be in Palm Desert from Jan 8 to 27 so can have it shipped there.
F1 EVO Rocket, first flight May 31/14
Old 01-01-2018, 02:19 PM

I have an extra, new in the wrapper, PM me an offer!
#140376 RV-14A QB IO-390 Thunderbolt
Reserved: N196
Progress: Firewall Forward
Old 01-01-2018, 02:29 PM

Default floscan to red cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMO View Post
I am going to replace my Floscan with a Red Cube. Anyone have a spare kicking around they want to sell? Will be in Palm Desert from Jan 8 to 27 so can have it shipped there.
just curious - why changing them? I thought they were functionally equivalent, just a different shape?
Old 01-01-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv8ch View Post
just curious - why changing them? I thought they were functionally equivalent, just a different shape?
I have had a couple of instances where my fuel flow is displaying higher than expected (eg: 14 gph vs 10 gph). Upon pulling the mixture to the desired flow the engine runs rough and I realize I am way lean even though the gph indicates otherwise. No evidence of leakage anywhere. My transducer is in the tunnel between the boost pump and the engine driven pump. I have decided to change the location to between the servo and the spider, and at the same time change out the transducer. I expect this change to resolve the issue, but I won't know if the problem was the transducer or the location.

As far as functional differences, some are discussed in this thread http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ad.php?t=54058
F1 EVO Rocket, first flight May 31/14
Old 01-01-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMO View Post
I have had a couple of instances where my fuel flow is displaying higher than expected (eg: 14 gph vs 10 gph). Upon pulling the mixture to the desired flow the engine runs rough and I realize I am way lean even though the gph indicates otherwise. No evidence of leakage anywhere. My transducer is in the tunnel between the boost pump and the engine driven pump. I have decided to change the location to between the servo and the spider, and at the same time change out the transducer. I expect this change to resolve the issue, but I won't know if the problem was the transducer or the location.
And that might be your problem. It needs to be located AFTER the engine driven pump. Otherwise the pump pulses cause the impeller to oscillate and the transducer to indicate high. Especially if you use the boost pump a lot in a particular flight.

This has been discussed a lot in the past.

www.PuertoRicoFlyer.com

Last edited by GalinHdz : 01-01-2018 at 03:42 PM.