What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

#40 blind rivets

prkaye

Well Known Member
I came to a spot where I wanted to use blind rivets to attach some nutplates today (I changed my mind eventually). But none of the blind rivets I have will fit into a #40 hole, and platenuts are so small I didn't want to enlarge the hole).

What blind rivets will fit into a #40 hole?

What blind rivets are typically used for skins, that will fit the dimple?

I have read through the standard handbook, but there are so many different classifications of blind rivets I can never keep them straight or remember them.

Normally the MK-319BS rivets are used here. They are 7/64", so the nut plates must be drilled out slightly.

The ones that are made specificaly for that.

Part #CCR264SS3-(grip in 1/16ths) is the correct part number for the Steel Cad Plated Nutplate Rivet.

If you want stainless with a black moly dri-lube its CCR264CS3-(grip in 1/16ths)

We, as well as many other Aircraft Fasteners stock these. We usually bag them in 50's

They are not as cheap as commercial pop rivets but they do a nice job and you don't have to drill out the ears on your nutplates. :cool:

To see these go to http://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.co...s -> Rivets&menuID=141~142~142~143~143&id=144

Then select your part numbers within the drop down boxes.
We sell allot of these. I've even got some on my 6 that I am building.

Last edited:
Back