The overhaul was a challenge, but I have it back on the mount, all the parts are on and I'm ready to time the mags and do a final check and turn it over.
So far I've...
- Overhauled the engine
- Swapped fixed pitch for constant speed
- Switched to a Skytec starter for weight
- Fabricated a blue-anodized prop lever
- Repaired a leak in the left fuel tank
- Repaired a lose (finger tight) vent line _inside_ the left tank
- Added a return line to both tanks
- Re-plumbed all fuel lines from the fuel tanks to the valve
- Swapped the stock brass fuel valve for nice positive-lock duplex
- Wired the fuel-level sensors to the G3X and removed the old fuel gauges
I'm going to Bill Gill look it over once as well. But I plan to put it back and get some hours on it before I do the canopy or the new cowl (which I have).