VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 08-17-2017, 05:41 PM

Default RV-10 #41814

So, after many years of lurking on the forums, taking the sheet metal class, and dreaming, a visit to Oshkosh finally got me to pull the trigger! I ordered my empennage kit at the Van's tent during the show, and got a flight in the demo plane just before the airshow TFR on Friday.

The tailkit arrived yesterday, and I'm starting inventory tonight!

A huge thank you to DR for making/maintaining/living for this forum! Dues, backpay, and a voluntary late fee for freeloading for so long ( - sorry!) are on the way. Also, thanks to everyone who posts their stories, hard earned lessons, and building motivation here!

I'll (try to) keep this thread up to date with pics and status!
RV-10 #41814
Emp Started 8/16/2017

The content of this post is not intended to constitute professional advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for such advice. The reader assumes all liability for any and all consequences of the use or reliance upon this information. Furthermore, the views expressed here are entirely my own, and not those of my employer.

Last edited by FlyingHusky : 08-18-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:18 PM

Thumbs up

Congrats! Going thru the same process and considering pulling the trigger. In Toledo so best of luck with the build.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:53 AM

Welcome to the adventure!
RV10 - #41687
http://adamsrv10.wordpress.com
N810AB Reserved
Old 08-18-2017, 12:19 PM

Default Howdy

Your pics don't show for me. Welcome to the fun!!
RV-10 #1750
N67SC reserved
http://n67sc.blogspot.com/
2018 Dues Paid
Old 08-18-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitink72 View Post
Your pics don't show for me. Welcome to the fun!!
Thanks Josh! Looks like I used the private link instead of the public link from the Google Photos page. How about now?
RV-10 #41814
Emp Started 8/16/2017

The content of this post is not intended to constitute professional advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for such advice. The reader assumes all liability for any and all consequences of the use or reliance upon this information. Furthermore, the views expressed here are entirely my own, and not those of my employer.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:35 PM

Welcome, Tyson. You're in for an adventure!

Build: http://hhav8or.blogspot.com/
Old 08-18-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSEYEFLY View Post
Congrats! Going thru the same process and considering pulling the trigger. In Toledo so best of luck with the build.
That's not too far... As I get going with the build, and if you're ever in the area, you're welcome to swing by and take a look!
RV-10 #41814
Emp Started 8/16/2017

Old 08-18-2017, 01:41 PM

Congrats and welcome!

I am right around the corner and also building an RV-10. I am better than half way through the fuselage kit now. First time builder and building very slowly. Feel free to look me up if you have any questions or want to see something up close and completed.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsvantho View Post
Feel free to look me up if you have any questions or want to see something up close and completed.
Thanks Brendon! I'll definitely take you up on that sometime soon!
RV-10 #41814
Emp Started 8/16/2017

Last edited by FlyingHusky : 08-19-2017 at 03:51 AM.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:07 AM

Talking RV-10. Trigger Pulled!!

Tyson / Brendon:

RV-10 kit / tools arriving Wednesday. May be good to link up as it looks like we will be going through the process at the same time. I'm in the automotive industry and often at the Big Three so in the area occasionally and lived in Rochester Hills for a few years. Also have a co-worker in Michigan who built a 10 and Kit Fox that just won an award this year at AirVenture. Plans to fly over to Toledo in his 10 (a beauty) and help with the build. Keep in touch.

Mark

Last edited by MSEYEFLY : 09-09-2017 at 08:12 AM.