What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DID YOU KNOW the difference between new and established insurance companies?

LRingeisen

Well Known Member
Insurance companies can come and go over time, aviation insurance is no different. Occasionally, a brand new insurance company enters the market. As it often happens, they start by offering lower rates or better coverage to ?buy their way into the market.? To be informed, there are some questions to be answered: Are they a start-up or is it an established insurer that has decided to enter the aviation market? Will they be offering a full line of policies or are they only interested in a niche market? What financial rating have they earned? At Gallagher, a company must have at least an ?A? rating for us to offer their products. We require this to protect you. Experience has shown that lower rated companies seldom survive long term.

Of course it is always tempting to shop on price, but you may want to consider the effect on your own long term insurance costs. Although they may seem like faceless monoliths, insurers are aware of policyholders that have been with them for more than a few years. Loyalty does mean something. Older pilots should be very careful about changing companies to save a few dollars. Different companies have age limits above which they will not write new business. Once you leave that company, you may not be able to go back.

Our goal for our clients is to provide them with the policy that best meets their needs at the best value. When a new market appears, our experience has been it is best to give them a chance to prove themselves in the market before we offer their products.

Insurance companies can come and go over time, aviation insurance is no different. Occasionally, a brand new insurance company enters the market. As it often happens, they start by offering lower rates or better coverage to ?buy their way into the market.? To be informed, there are some questions to be answered: Are they a start-up or is it an established insurer that has decided to enter the aviation market? Will they be offering a full line of policies or are they only interested in a niche market? What financial rating have they earned? At Gallagher, a company must have at least an ?A? rating for us to offer their products. We require this to protect you. Experience has shown that lower rated companies seldom survive long term.

Of course it is always tempting to shop on price, but you may want to consider the effect on your own long term insurance costs. Although they may seem like faceless monoliths, insurers are aware of policyholders that have been with them for more than a few years. Loyalty does mean something. Older pilots should be very careful about changing companies to save a few dollars. Different companies have age limits above which they will not write new business. Once you leave that company, you may not be able to go back.

Our goal for our clients is to provide them with the policy that best meets their needs at the best value. When a new market appears, our experience has been it is best to give them a chance to prove themselves in the market before we offer their products.

Leah:

Thanks for the report. Have been with your firm for 15+ years (NationAir) and see no reason to shop for a different agent. The established insurance company that you located for me for maybe 15+ years raised their rate 13% this year. I typically renew with same company even if there is a lower rate as long as the policy does not go up more than inflation. (4%) The other quote your company provided to me is one that I have not heard of before but my research showed they are one of the top 20 world wide. Most likely I will use the New to me company through my agent at your firm to have a reduction in my insurance cost for the next 12-months.

No, and why would I .... ?

No I don't know the difference :rolleyes: .... but then all I need to know is the email contact info for Jennifer Cummins or Jenny Estes at Nationair, now Gallagher ;)

I'm good as long as they know the difference! Outstanding service folks. They have helped me through a couple of issues with no fuss and no extra expense. I wish every company I deal with had the same dedication to customer service as these two!

Just my .02 :)

Insurance

These ladies at Arthur Gallagher are simply the best in the business. If you don't use them, you don't know what excellent service you are missing.
Shanna Linton.....many thanks.

Back