Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Activity Specific > Trip Write-ups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2017, 01:00 AM

Location: I live in on the Rosamond Skypark (CA) and am married to Victoria (Tuppergal).
Default Rosie & Tuppergal's Caribbean Trip 2017

Hello to our RV Family of Friends!!!!

It’s 2017... an ‘odd’ year... so that means Tuppergal and I are flying back to the Caribbean for another FUN-FILLED-FLYING-ADVENTURE as we are joined by GREAT FRIENDS!!!

This year’s Adventure BEGINS ON FRIDAY APRIL 14TH and will take us to the Islands of St. Kitts, St. Croix and Grenada with fuel stops in the Bahamas, Dominican Republic and Nevis. We return to the USA on Friday April 28th from St. Croix ;-)

Hopefully I won’t get spanked again by France ATC!!!!!! You can search 'Martinique' on this page to read about it... TOO FUNNY!!!!

I so VERY MUCH look forward to these trips that include, Flying, Friends, Food and Fun as we enjoy ‘Island Life’ relaxing on the Beach…. I believe in the saying, “Life is Short… Fly FAST!!!” For me, the hotel is where I need to stay to get to the next day of FLYING or SCUBA Diving!!!

HERE'S THE LINK TO FOLLOW OUR PROGRESS: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...8AlHk13iAXJnKN

The flying days to follow the SPOT Tracker are:

April 14-17th Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon
April 20th Thursday
April 24th Monday
April 28-30th Fri/Sat/Sun

You already know most all of the Veteran Fliers who have made MANY flights with us over the water, and we have some new aircraft (Newbies**) flying with us for the first time. Flight Leads are BOLDED.

Here's the Group:

Alpha Flight:

Paul & Victoria Rosales (California, RV-6A)......................................**Richard Chapman & Andrew Brandt (California, RV-7A)............................................... ...........**Rich Emery (RV-7A, Missouri)

Bravo Flight:

Janet & Gene Larsen (Iowa, RV-9A)............................................... Gail & Doug Dodson (Texas, Glasair II).............................................. Barry & Amy Marz (RV-10, FL)

Charlie Flight:

Tanya & Scott Card (Texas, RV-9A)............................................... Alina & Dave Bouno (Texas, RV-7A)............................................... .**Sandy & Roy Thoma (Oregon, RV-7A)

Here's the planned flight path from California to Florida and beyond (weather permitting)...About 3700nm... ONE WAY!!!:

The Newbies: Rich "Elvis" Emery met up with me in Memphis in 2013 (Central BBQ, YEAH!!!) and I met the Thoma's at OSH 2016. Richard "Chappy" Chapman is a friend of Andrew's and I am very happy to have them all join us on their first over-water-trip!!! Barry & Amy Lamboda Marz joined us less that a week before we left... GLAD TO HAVE YOU ALL WITH US!!!

Chris & Indira Kleen (not pictured) have been flying these trips with me since the Cayman Islands in 2005... They are only going to fly with us to the Dominican Republic and will then join up with Jim Parker's Caribbean Flying Adventure's trip (and then fly with him on a subsequent trip to Cuba!!!!!) I'll miss you both when you leave us!!!!!

As always, I can't thank my GREAT FRIEND & Mentor Jim "Jimmyb" Baker for introducing me to the Caribbean back in 2004 and to Van himself for designing such a AMAZING airplane that we all call an R-V!!!!!

Looking back on all the friends we've made because of our RV...Our life is for the better because of it!

If you are building, keep poundin' the rivets because it's ALL WORTH IT!!! Paul "Rosie" Rosales and Victoria "Tuppergal" Rosales

Last edited by Rosie : 04-20-2017 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:13 AM
Forum Peruser

Talking What an adventure!

Looking forward to keeping up with your adventure!
Pilots'n Paws Pilot
N79599/APRS Automatic Position Reporting System

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights;
it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard
Old 04-06-2017, 01:26 AM

Oh my, I can't wait to do a flight like this. I can't wait to read about this years trip!!
Old 04-06-2017, 02:16 AM

Default Have fun!

Rosie, I hope you and Tuppergal have a great trip! Be safe!
Old 04-06-2017, 08:16 AM

Aaahh, another grand RV adventure awaits. Only days away, but my brain is already in the islands! Things WON'T go exactly as planned, but we WILL have fun.
RV8 Building - fuselage / showplanes canopy (Done!)
Old 04-06-2017, 11:00 AM

Default I long to..

..join up with this crew for a trip like this, but alas, I've got to finish my airplane first...
RV-10 (41PX Reserved) Fuselage
F-14 (Pedal Plane - Daughter's Project) "Flying"
http://www.mykitlog.com/mikrettig
Old 04-06-2017, 11:44 AM

Default Part of the adventure

This trip is one I've always wanted to join. I'm soooo close to finishing my build.
RV-14. #140039 Complete
Flight hours: 85+
Old 04-06-2017, 01:23 PM

Default the list is long....

I bet if all the "in-process" RV's of every pilot that wished they could take this trip were to magically get completed tomorrow, Rosie would have a need for a Zulu Flight.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:32 PM

Location: I live in on the Rosamond Skypark (CA) and am married to Victoria (Tuppergal).
Default OPEN SEAT AVAILABLE!!!!

Here's an opportunity for an RV BUILDER who can join us on SHORT NOTICE!!!! Rich "Elvis" Emery has an empty seat for this trip and would like to fill it with someone who'd like to get away for two weeks.... and can do so on one week's notice!?! If you are single, let's go! If married, you'll need a 'kitchen pass' signed by your spouse :-) I'm at 661.433.6056 if you might be interested or e-mail me!!! Rosie
Old 04-08-2017, 01:23 PM

Call me blind!

I didn't see the dates listed, I've got the end of the month off

I see the light now......April 15th

Last edited by DAP : 04-08-2017 at 02:24 PM. Reason: spelling