What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I-pad mini, production to stop. 3 new tablets

ron sterba

Well Known Member
Heard on the news here in the northwest that Apple is discontinuing I - Pad mini and coming out with 3 new tablets this spring. According to news report the manufacturer for Apple made the announcement and not Apple. Sounds like someone is in big do-do! Or is it a marketing ploy. Could be. Yet I have the $629 mini with the GPS built in.

Ron in Oregon
RV9A ;):D;)

Is VAF now the new MacRumors, 9to5Mac, or something similar?

Here's another article which claims there will be an updated iPad Mini: link.

Looks like the "mini" is getting replaced with a 7.9" "pro" model. Who cares what they call it....it is still the same class/size unit.

Brad nicely done. Talk about the way of tablets,cool. I only have the 32gig,can't download all the states I want for flight planning. Course I could dump a bunch for my pictures to release he load on the memory bank. I would recommend a128 or 64 if you don't do much photography. Brain Iam on this with you on IPad. Still a excellent choice. Might be a ton of unused ones out there for are up and coming pilots.

Ron in Oregon RV9A

Brad nicely done. Talk about the way of tablets,cool. I only have the 32gig,can't download all the states I want for flight planning.

Ron in Oregon RV9A

Memory needed is a function of the Ap. e.g., WingX uses more compression, needs less memory, than some of the others.

Funny how you can buy a 512 GB micro SD for 60.00 and to go up in storage on an I Pad it is hundreds more?

My 3rd gen iPad is 32 gigs and has both Foreflight and WingX, and both have all the U.S. VFR maps. I have maybe a dozen photos and no music, and there's 5.2 gigs remaining available.

Dave

Funny how you can buy a 512 GB micro SD for 60.00 and to go up in storage on an I Pad it is hundreds more?

No doubt Apple gets a premium, but SD to internal storage is something of an apples-to-oranges comparison. Internal storage is much, much faster and generally requires less power to operate as compared to SD.

Back