What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy Crack

Mark Dickens

Well Known Member
Patron
Probably the oldest story in the book. Cracked the canopy while riveting it to the frame this afternoon, but stop drilled it immediately. I will get some weld-on, but was wondering what to plug the hole with. I know RTV isn't a good choice, but wonder what everyone else has used, I was thinking about using a little DAP Alex caulk since it dries clear.

Pic below:

IMG_0518.JPG

I've seen a lot of RVs with a bead of pro seal run around the skirt/canopy perimeter. Makes for a nice finish. In your case would also cover the hole.

I've seen a lot of RVs with a bead of pro seal run around the skirt/canopy perimeter. Makes for a nice finish. In your case would also cover the hole.

Is ProSeal also the recommended material for a bead on the windshield where the windshield meets the frame?

Glue in a clear plastic toothpick type. Cut flush to surface and buff. Did this on a 150 with very good success.

Good point. I was already thinking about running a bead of proseal or sika, so this might be the answer

Fillet

I closed off the skirt to canopy with sika and it worked well and this would be easy to cover up in that manner.

Back