What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lemo plug extentions

Ron B.

Well Known Member
I purchased two LEMO plugs for Bose headset for panel mount (to plug headset into) , but have not received them. They have three foot tails of wire but I need more to reach my install location. Anyone know what gauge wire , number of wires, shielded I assume plus I would say a red and black power wires. I would like to purchase additional wire with the order I'm about to place this weekend.
Thanks Ron

Wiring mine up as we speak.

1) Two conductor shielded wire with 22 ga wire one white, one blue
2) Two conductor shielded wire with 22 ga wire both white
3) 22ga red wire
4) 22 ga black wire
5) 22 gauge black wire with white stripe tied to the shield ground of #1
6) 22 gauge black wire with white stripe tied to the shield ground of #2

Hope that helps

E

I installed LEMO jacks in my RV-6 last summer. Most of the wires will run to the existing headset jacks. All I needed to do was run one #22 gauge RED wire (from each jack) spliced into the existing wire to run forward to a fuse.

I added the LEMO jacks into a flying airplane that already had jacks. The LEMO jack was added about 1" from the existing headset jacks. IF you are doing a new build, it is still recommended to have standard headset phones and mic jack in the aircraft. Knowing you need both, you can run shielded wire from the intercom to the standard jacks then daisy chain over the audio and mic signal wires from the LEMO jacks preinstalled wires.

Untitled-1_zpsf0f6366f.jpg

Here is a link to another VAF thread that give the above diagram.

Page 35 and 36 in the Bose A20 headset manual has the wiring diagram. All LEMO jacks on all headsets are wired the same. My LEMO plugs are wired this way and work on the Lightspeed PFX and the AKG AV100.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back