What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AeroLED Great Service/ Noise Issue

Bluelabel

Well Known Member
Just wanted to relay a recent problem/fix with Aero LED.
We had an older (18 months) version of the Pulsar NSP Nav/Stobe and the Suntail. We used best practices for wiring the lights, following the included diagrams. We grounded the chasis of the lights to the airframe at each location, used shielded wire to run the grounds all the way back to the forest of tabs.
Yet, when I fired up my Coms to test, the lights would cause them the break squelch. Both the Nav AND the Strobes. The 650 is COM 1 the GTR 20 is COM 2, PSE 5000EX Audio Panel...
So, I called Dean, he was very helpful. He suggested we change the wiring to the "new" method they suggest, which is to get rid of the local ground and use the shield AS the ground all the way back to the panel. So we did that. This late in the game, it was a real PIA..
It made the problem less, but it did't solve it. At one point Dean suggested that if needed they would replace the lights with the new version that has a different circuit board and built in filters. Not wanting to chase this gremlin forever, I asked Dean if we could swap the lights. He said sure, call Susan in the office.

Called Susan, gave here the situation. She was very helpful. First questions was " Do you have Garmin radios?". yes I do... She said this was a known issue with Garmin radios since they have a sensitive auto squelch.
None the less, within 5 minutes she had a new set of all three lights on the way to us. No credit card, no paper work, she said "just send us yours when you get these". I was amazed. Who does that? She doesn't know me from a hole in the ground.
Swapped the lights, problem solved. COMS are quiet as church mouse now.
The new lights have a different strobe pattern too. A little slower.
What a great company!. If I EVER do this again, I will for sure use their lights!!

Same exact experience. Had the old version with Garmin radios, worked with them to eliminate 95% of the noise, then they just sent me a new set anyway. Problem solved and very happy with how well these work.

Companies like AEROLED are at the very top of the "after the sales" customer service list. The next airplane will have AEROLEDs as well.

Carl

similar experience for me. I purchased some of their landing lights just before they brought out there Vx wingtip lights. Susan sent out the new Vx and said we can sort out payment when they get the other pair back.

Back