What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slick mag SB

LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
I have a mag that falls within the Slick SB F-1100-SB3-008, which mandated 100 hour inspections because of premature carbon brush wear.

At 270 hours, I decided just to have the 500 hour overhaul done (which has made a huge difference, by the way)

Question: Does this eliminate the need for 100-hour inspection compliance under this SB?

Question: Does this eliminate the need for 100-hour inspection compliance under this SB?

Depends on the part that the overhaul facility used, although I can't imagine they'd have a stock of the old, bad brushes and knowingly use them on overhauls. They should be able to provide documentation.

From the SB:
6. Service Bulletin ending compliance can be documented if existing magneto is replaced by new magneto with serial number 08080454 or later, or if the carbon brush and/or distributor block has been replaced by one manufactured after August 14, 2008, or replaced with parts in Champion Aerospace packaging, or if the magneto has accumulated 500 hours of engine operating time and has passed the Service Bulletin inspection requirements. Make an appropriate logbook entry.

Back