What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MotoPod still a thing?

sritchie

Well Known Member
Hey all,

I've been trying to get in touch with David Shelton about ordering a set of hardpoints for the MotoPod and haven't heard anything after a few weeks and a couple of emails. Is David still selling hardpoints for the MotoPod? Would love any information you guys have on the current status.

Thanks!

MotoPod

He is likely busy with certification projects with the POD. Just keep trying. I have the POD and absolutely enjoy it.

Moving to Colorado?

I believe David is moving his business (and himself) to Colorado. He was also out of the country for a while, which may explain why you couldn't reach him. Keep trying.

His website was updated today 2/22/16 and it still shows the RV-10 pod as a product. I have installed his hard point kit and am planning on the pod when the plane is finished. Dave has always been very good with questions.

His website was updated today 2/22/16 and it still shows the RV-10 pod as a product. I have installed his hard point kit and am planning on the pod when the plane is finished. Dave has always been very good with questions.

The website just shows today's date ... I don't see any evidence it was updated recently. The last news (from Facebook) go back to November.

Hi folks and thanks for your interest in MotoPOD. I built several more RV-10 pods last year but I'm currently swamped with special mission projects as well as getting ready to move into a new 9,000 square foot facility.

We do have a few more hard-point kits in stock but I'm not in a position to build any more RV-10 pods until we settle into our new home. The game plan is to keep the nose to the grindstone and finish getting certified cargo pods into production at the new facility. Then, we'll resume RV-10 pod production alongside our certified units.

The good news is that with business taking off, I'm on track to own another RV-10 soon! Thanks for your patience and if you need to reach me, you can try my cell, 847-651-4373 -David Shelton

PS - Here's one of our modified RV-10 pods.
IMG_1356c_zpssnqgckwo.jpg

Back