What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How much beer has your RV moved?

bullojm1

Well Known Member
With the microbrew revolution in full swing, how much beer has your RV moved between state lines? I've lost count!

Narraganset from Groton, CT
DSCN3022.JPG

Exporting MD Beer (DuClaw and Resurection) Beer to Burlington, VT
DSCN3403.JPG

Importing VT Beer (Heady Topper and Lawson's Finest Liquors) from Saratoga Springs, NY
DSCN3416.JPG

New England beers back from Plymouth, MA
DSCN3716.JPG

Another MD beer delivery to Burlington, VT
DSCN3953.JPG

Followed by another return flight of Heady Topper and Sip Of Sunshine from VT
DSCN4002.JPG

Dan Horton's Favorite Spotted Cow safely secured from Westosha, WI
DSCN4404.JPG

Importing Monument 51 Rye to Nantucket
DSCN4534.JPG

Sending some Pliny The Elder up to Buffalo
DSCN4561.JPG

And bringing back a "Crowler" (Canned Growler) of Saison back from Buffalo
DSCN4574.JPG

What beer has your RV moved? :D:D:D

Lots

Back in the '70's, Coors wasn't sold east of the Mississippi and we usually ferried a dozen Cessna Agwagons back to Georgia, annually.

We always picked up 8-10 cases and loaded them in the chemical hopper, which had only had water for flight testing. IIRC, a case was a little over $5.00.

Best,

Spotted Cow!!!!

The spousal unit and I regularly make runs to WI to restock our larder with Spotted Cow. As most of you know, it's not sold outside the state of Wisconsin.

Once when we were visiting the New Glarus brewery I asked one of their folks why they didn't export outside WI, at least to neighboring states. She smiled and responded,"We can't brew enough Spotted Cow for Wisconsin. Why would we want to export?" Hmmmmm.... Good point. :D

My sources inform me that a shipment of Cow will arrive KMPJ tomorrow, just in time for lunch....

Well, I can't boast the diversity of Mike but... I fly to a supermarket for groceries and stuff two times a week on average and every other flight I pick up a six pack or an ale or two. So, technically, I transported more beer then Mike and Dan. :D

Hmmmmm

Well, allegedly an RV10 is capable of carrying three people and at least 8 - 12 packs of spotted cow.

That being said, tomorrow it will allegedly be carrying 10 - 12 packs of Saddlebock beer plus ice for Petit Jean. Plus two people. I will be following in the 4 with just two bottles of scotch.

All of this is unofficially of course.

Another weekend, another beer run! More goodies from New England:

Captain John modeling the brews.
DSCN4604.JPG

Loading the goodies up for the short trip home.
DSCN4605.JPG

Keep on pounding those rivets folks! It's all worth it!
DSCN4592.JPG

Mike,

I think you're the reason why there's no Heady Topper left every time I try to get some in Vermont! :D

Dave

Not exactly an RV, but...

...while we continue building our -10, we do still require an ample supply of refreshments to occasionally be airlifted in. Living within "short hop" distance of the Wisconsin border, Sarah and I have been known to haul cases of New Glarus products across the Mississippi River and back into IA. Picked up the latest round of supplies this past Sunday at Quality Beverage just a quick walk up the highway from KPDC. It's always fun to see the puzzled look on the cashiers' faces when they see us pick up three cases of beer and some other stuff, and then ask if we need help loading into our car, only to discover we're on foot. :D

Someday, these same sorties will be flown in N165MJ!

IMG_0568.JPG

2015.10.07_6196J.jpg

Back