What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The Art of Pushbutton Flying - Getting the Most out of your Dynon Skyview

Dgamble

Well Known Member
I've run into enough fellow RV-12 owners and others that have a Skyview and are perplexed by it that I got to wondering if there would be sufficient appetite for some easy instructional videos to make it worth my time.

As such, could I ask for some feedback on this approach:

http://pushbuttonflying.blogspot.com/

If there's enough interest, I'd be happy to keep going.

Note: Sorry about the repeating and incorrect text overlays - I'm going to fix those.

Last edited:
Excellent. Very informative and more "to the point" than the Dynon video's. One question, what is this "Ugly Young Farmer" thing all about? That could be deemed offensive! Great Job.

Looks helpful

Dave,
I have seen all the Dynon products and they are good but not always as helpful in the basic functions and set-ups. These are spelled out in the installation and operators manuals, but a video showing the how too would be helpful I believe.

I feel I have mine pretty well set-up but there was a lot of trial and error, and of course I would read a post from others on Vans Airforce then try to reconfigure something from their information.

Seeing how others have configured their screen, especially the engine monitoring, would help with options and ideas. So my vote is to move forward. Thanks

Only to ugly young farmers and who cares.

I think it's a great idea. The Dynon classroom videos are a little dry (no offense - most classroom instruction and CBT instruction tends to be a little dry - nature of the beast.)

Frankly, you can't beat situational been there, here's how it works kind of stuff.

Frankly, you can't beat situational been there, here's how it works kind of stuff.
That's what I'll be hoping to add.

It's one thing to work through the nuts&bolts in a classroom, something entirely different to apply it to real world situations. That's why my daughter is currently doing Clinicals after three years of academics in Nursing College. In actual practice, you tend to need to combine what seemed like disparate subjects in the academic world to perform a real life function. IOW, sometimes knowing how to do something is not the same as knowing when to apply that knowledge.

I think I'll keep at it and see how it goes.

Thanks to all for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Back