What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Found another mission for the RV-4

Saber25

Well Known Member
I found another mission for my geriatric RV4 this past weekend. To open our airshow on Saturday, I circled with smoke, a parachutist with a very large US flag while the National anthem was being played. While climbing I remained in formation with the C-182 as we sped along at just under 80 MPH indicated when the jumper exited at 5000 AGL. A diving left turn to keep the open chute in sight and full throttle while in a descending constant 4G turn kept my plane just slightly above buffet and the radius small enough for the spectators to get the picture. The Anthem ended just as he touched down and I was on short final to make room for the first act which are the locally well known ?Rocky Mountain Renegades Formation Team? http://rmrairshows.com/Renegade_News.php.

This year they have undeniably increased the tempo and the sky is full of action so it was difficult to focus on any single maneuver hence my photographer could not shoot a picture. Suffice it to say I am proud of my former team mates and if you?re in the area be sure to catch their act at KGJT this October.

Cheers
Hans ?Cobra? Miesler

123mjc8.jpg

711j43.jpg

Its a Blast

I did that with my -4, 2 years ago and you hit the nail on the head..80-85 hanging with a 182 for what seemed like forever ( there were 3 jumpers), and I only had to hold 3G's because of bigger radius. I hope to do it again sometime :D

Thanks guys for the nice replies, we couldn't have had a better day for an airshow, mild temps, light winds and that makes for a good combination to really lay down some smoke. I must give credit for the photos, Bruce Claremont who has an exceptional talent for photography and also owns and flies a Tailwind and T-41. His equally talented wife started flying less than three years ago and now with a fresh commercial license hauls skydivers. I'm working on getting her to purchase an RV before long.

Cheers, Hans

Back