What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Friends & VAF

Jim Lewellyn

Well Known Member
My flying mission changed about a year ago, and I recently purchased a spam can. It’s a 4-door model with a bench seat, and a hatch back for hauling groceries, lumber, etc. At least that is what it seems like compared to the 6. I sold the 6, and I will be delivering it to the new proud owner this weekend. I have owned my RV-6 for about 8 years. In that time, I have made many new RV friends. Almost every one of them, I met via this site. As some of you may recall, I held a couple of RV get-together's in Bloomsburg. The goal of these get-together’s was simply to meet new friends and BS about our RV’s. That goal was definitely met, and once again, this site made that possible. Many of you have helped me via VAF when I had questions over the years. Thank you Doug, and thank you RV friends! I am overdue for a VAF donation, so one will be in the mail today.

Please RV friends…don’t throw rotten tomatoes at my 4-door next time we meet, and keep in touch!

Someone got a very nice RV. I know you will miss it greatly. If you need an RV fix please give me a call or email.

An RV friend found on VAF !!

I got a ride in Jim's RV at one of those gatherings. Before she became a glass lady. 2009 where time goes Jim?

Thanks guys! Lots of great memories with each of you!
...Jeff...I wil be taking you up on your offer! And if you need to fly to the lumber yard, just let me know :)

Wow, the RV even had the old seats in her back then. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I even remember what we were talking about when we were flying.

I got a ride in Jim's RV at one of those gatherings. Before she became a glass lady. 2009 where time goes Jim?

And this was 2013 :)

What spamcan your employer bought you? You still work for that i...? :D

Yep, I still work for the same idiot. He bought me a V35B.

QUOTE=Vlad;999087]And this was 2013 :)

What spamcan your employer bought you? You still work for that i...? :D[/QUOTE]

Venice still in your schedule?

Jim, you are always welcome to do the Sebring RV breakfast run with me in my ship if Venice is still a home-away-from-home for you. If so, as always, the front porch airport/boat/dolphin watching area is still available. :D

2h5pili.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Gary! I'll see you in Venice in the next month or so. I will look you up.

Jim, you are always welcome to do the Sebring RV breakfast run with me in my ship if Venice is still a home-away-from-home for you. If so, as always, the front porch airport/boat/dolphin watching area is still available. :D

2h5pili.jpg

Back