What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Has anyone heard from Evans Aviation Products?

N62XS

Well Known Member
I've called repeatedly over the past two weeks concerning my RV-8 tanks. My calls have not been answered or returned. Over the past 5 months, Evan said he had a broken hand, but promised the tanks by mid October. Anyone know him or able to get him to return calls?

No Reply

Hi Robby,

There was a thread somewhere a couple of weeks ago on this company. I emailed them with a question approximately two weeks ago and did not receive a reply. Someone said the guy had a broken hand that was slowing work. Shouldn't be a reason to not make contact with customers and let them know the status.

I hope all is well with the company but without contact it appears to be another company with that is better with "Customer NO Service" than with real service.

Communication, communication, communication!!!!

Evan the tank builder

I got caught up in the broken hand delay also.
I asked Evan to build a set of tanks for my RV-6.
I had Vans send him the materials.
It took Evan over 4 months to complete them.
Luckly, I was in the middle of a move and didn't need them badly.
Once I started trying to contact him, my emails went unanswered.
I left a voice mail for Evan and he did return my call.
a couple weeks later he called me to send a check as he was ready to ship.
I received my tanks in a beautifuly constructed wooden crates.
anyway, Evan said he was very behind on his work with his hand broken but was trying to get caught back up. He also said his internet connection or computer at home wasn't working and he wasn't getting any emails. So cell phone is the only way.......or snail mail.
Good Luck

I contacted Evan 2 weeks ago about building a tank he said he was a couple months behind but would build it if I was still interested. He called me back with a qoute the next day. He seems to be trying to get his bussiness going.

Back