What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cedar Mills - Flooding

andyrv

Well Known Member
Hate to see Cedar Mills getting hit like this again. Took these late yesterday so it was starting to get dark but it looks like at least 1/3 if not 1/2 of the runway is in the lake. I think that is boat floating on the porch of the restaurant.

Andy

3TO%20Runway_zpsmtjonlkp.jpg

Cedar%20Mills_zpsmufbaett.png

I was hoping they had built the restaurant higher after the last "100 year" flood. Apparently not. After the rebuild, I saw the new restaurant and the seawall and thought, "Great, but you still built it in the same place." So here we go again. Let's hope the waters ebb and the damage isn't too bad. Great place.

Chris

This is a huge bummer. Cedar Mills spent so much money and effort to move the new restaurant higher up the hill to avoid the flooding that destroyed the restaurant in the 2007 flood, and a mere 8 years later it gets inundated again. :(

Cedar Mills flooding - update 5/28/15

I flew up to Lake Texoma to view the flooding. Unfortunately, the lake has risen even more, rising to the main spillway (I believe that's about 30 feet above conservation level). Here is the marina at Cedar Mills with Pelican's Landing in the center, flooded to the eaves.
2ent2kj.jpg

Here is the grass runway, well over 50% submerged.
33mr5si.jpg

Very sad to see!

Last edited:
Back