What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My RV-8 is officially an airplane

Christer

Well Known Member
8f8a1b41-915e-4891-a16d-9ed592487e59_zpsxqrfvnii.jpg

After 5 1/2 years of construction, my RV-8 is now officially airworthy. Many thanks to everyone that has endured my questions and offered support, especially my co-workers at SteinAir.

Awesome

So get the thing in the sky! Good job. Actually building a plane all the way through to completion is something not many can do. Good for you. Hope you get to enjoy it for thousands of fun flying hours. Keep us posted.

Congratulations!!

Christer-------congrats on the new bird.

How about a shot of the panel-------somehow I suspect it may interest a lot of folks:D

Front page tomorrow???

Last edited:
Congrats Christer! Great fun, pride and surreal experiences to follow! Great achievement!

Last edited:
Cool!! Congrats!

Awesome, oh what a feeling!
I spent a couple of days in Webster Mn this summer, wow I actually know where you are! Cool! Like Mike says, pics of the panel!

Congrats

Chris...

Congratulations on the accomplishment! Pass my regards to the rest of the airpark & to everyone at Steinair. Now that you have finished, you should walk down to Roger B's occasionally and help him get his RV in the air.

Dick DeCramer
RV6 Flying
RV8 Finish kit
Las Cruces, NM

Christer, great looking 8. i am sure the panel is awesome. Now get her in the air. maybe you'll be 9000
Congratulations
Jack

Congratulations Christer! You've got a bit of an RV grin in that photo, but the big one is yet to come! Have fun.

Hey Chris,

I figured you were getting close. Keep me in the loop. We need to celebrate a first flight soon!

Doug

So the Van's counter is at 8,998 - I hope you are timing the first flight properly - like maybe TODAY!! :)

Paul.... The weather is not going to be good here all week, so I am afraid I will miss #9000 on the counter unless we get a break that is within my personal limits (low wind).

Chris,
Let's kick the tires and light the fire and get that baby airborne. Congratulations. I hope the weather breaks soon so you can give us a first flight report.

Bernie

Great Job!

Congratulations, Christer! It looks great! Work with a Flight Advisor for your test flights, or send me a PM and I'll help answer any questions.

Good Luck! And have fun!

Can't say anything that hasn't already been said so a heart felt congratulations will have to do. It really has been a pleasure working with you and everyone else at Steinair; now go out and have some well deserved fun in the air.

Back